Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S HID aftermarket cool white bulb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few older threads about the same topic, for example: Any nose-cone'ers tried XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER headlight bulbs?,

But I wanted to see if anyone has found any better ones out there?
What is a good alternative that's not too expensive but good for replacing OEM 4300K HID bulb to get cooler/whiter output?

I see a couple options, but which color temp is closest to the DRL?

Or if anyone has a better option out there, much appreciated the insights.

I installed these ones and after about a month one failed on me. I emailed the company in china they asked for a pic of the bulb and since it was doing that thing where it only stops working when it feels like it i didn't want to pull the bulb out until i had a new one to replace it and because i didn't feel like pulling the wheel off to pop out a bulb. So i sent a pic id taken of the screen while driving that showed the bulb was out and they sent me 2 new bulbs. I haven't changed the broken one out yet because I'm waiting till i get my new rims and when i install those i'll pop in the new bulb.
But there is a 5 year warranty and the company was quite responsive and kind so ya get what you pay for i suppose. Perhaps these bulbs will last all 5 years of the warranty perhaps I'll have to replace a bulb every few months under warranty time will tell.

I have those same bulbs in my desk. Same thing, the thought of lifting the wheel to pop the wheel off is kind of tiring before I even start. Since we would do both lights, might it be easier to just pull the bumper off and remove headlights instead?

I did also try the "put the car in the highest suspension setting and wedge your hand in there" technique and I can't lock the bulb in that way. It also tears up my knuckles...

I purchased a pair of bulbs from Ebay for $12 or so. They work really well so far.

Also, I didn't have to jack it up/pull out the wheels/tires.
I just put it in highest suspension, and then turn the wheel all the way towards the side I was replacing. I have enough room to then remove the clips and pull the liner down to replace the bulb. It's tight but doable.