Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S HomeLink not compatible with gate opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2101Guy

Breaker of Ignore Buttons
Jan 6, 2020
USA
In case others have the issue
My garage door opener paired fine.
My gate opener paired fine with my other cars with whatever old versions of Homelink they have.
My gate opener would not pair with my 2017 Model S Homelink.

Opened a ticket with Tesla (was told by a technician that sometimes a mobile range comes out and programs in person) on the issue. Final comment was: "DoorKing Micro Gate Opener that you have has been identified by Tesla as in incompatible system. Only option is to replace the RF device with a compatible device or purchase the Universal Received Kit to interface with the existing DoorKing device."

Its a community gate system, so I wont be doing the above. Will simply use my gate keyfob for the gate. But interesting that HomeLink from a 2006 Mercedes and from a 2011 Lexus, pair/work fine with the same gate.

Update: After upgrading to FSD? Was able to immediately pair/have success. Have no idea if its coincidence or related to the FSD work. Prior to that, tried everything, including multiple car reboots. After FSD, tried again using exact same process/steps. Programmed immediately.