Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Hot Wheels and Matchbox group buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be in for around 5 of the Matchbox cars.
Is there a bulk amount where an order can be placed for a specific car?

So far I've found 2 red Hot Wheels, ~4 silver Hot Wheels, and 0 Matchbox in the stores. Best time was in the morning and I had the most luck at Target stores.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is (verbatim) from my friend who is a distributor, he owns all the typos:

"Hi Ed

Unfortunately I cannot order induvial hot wheel cars. They come in 72 pc rolling assortments that change every month. No one knows what they will ship month to month.
It drives my hot wheel collectors insane. They literally know when Toys R Us is getting a shipment and spend hours going through their shipments to pick out the good ones.

I think the minimum order for an induvial car is around 1000,000 units!

I saw the silver on EBay for $17.99 ( they cost $.83) so it must be a hot one.

Sorry"

Inspired by your posts, I went to the local Target today, but unfortunately, did not find any Model S. I did find a "Super Volt" and two Tesla Roadsters (red), off the Hotwheels "Green Speed" line. If any of you want the extra roadster, pm me and I'll mail it to you.

Sorry, this is (verbatim) from my friend who is a distributor, he owns all the typos:

"Hi Ed

Unfortunately I cannot order induvial hot wheel cars. They come in 72 pc rolling assortments that change every month. No one knows what they will ship month to month.
It drives my hot wheel collectors insane. They literally know when Toys R Us is getting a shipment and spend hours going through their shipments to pick out the good ones.

I think the minimum order for an induvial car is around 1000,000 units!

I saw the silver on EBay for $17.99 ( they cost $.83) so it must be a hot one.

Sorry"

Yikes! 100k? hrmmm, at .83 a pop is 83k for a custom order... Might as well just buy a real Tesla... this is quite sad :(

I've seen pictures online of the Matchbox and Mattel cars and IMO the Matchbox looks a lot better. I might be interested in a few Matchbox if it were possibly to get a good deal, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen.

One thing I was looking for was a plastic model of a Model S. There doesn't appear to be any out there. I came across a kit of the BMW i8 which has only been out a few months, but the Model S is conspicuously absent from the modeling scene. I never had much interest in car models (I preferred other subjects), but I would make an exception in the case of a Tesla.