Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S (How to find Trade-In price from Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very interested in purchasing a Model S-75D.
Went and met the owner. It is a 2018 and fully loaded that has EAP, FSD, SAS, SBP, Premium Sound and all of it. It says Supercharger Enabled (I'm not sure if it is free or pay per use - Not a big deal breaker for me). Here's the build sheet.
Car has little bit shy of 8000 miles and it is in great shape. No curb rash on wheels or no major cosmetic blemish on it.

Seller wants: 60k as he wants to upgrade to a X.
Myself, Buyer offered him: 55k.

I asked the Seller to check what is the actual trade-in value from Tesla is and told him that I'll be willing to offer more than it and will be a fair and realistic offer.
Seller has an extremely busy lifestyle so he said he doesn't know when he will get some time to take it down to Tesla to find out the trade in value.
In this case how do I find out the actual trade in value of the car.
Can some previous owner lemme know or if there is a tool to find out. (I know I can search on KBB or other sites but they are really way off the target when it comes to Tesla pricing)
Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 10.04.27 PM.png

8000 miles, perfect condition, sounds like a fair deal. Trade ins are always less, Retail though which you would buy from them is always more. Not sure why your asking him to get trade in value? You better snap it up if thats what you want. Its not fully loaded either with those seats and no sunroof, no upgrade onboard charger etc. FSD though>

If a 75D is what you want and it suits your needs at 55-60 well you need to decide for yourself.

Tesla may not even need to see the car to make an offer. They just looked up my VIN and make an offer. Fair warning: their offers are very low. Conversely, CarMax told me 15 minutes, actually wasted an hour of my time, and made the same offer (within $100). So instead I sold it privately - I got more than their offer and the buyer got a great deal as well.

When I traded my S, I checked Carvana and Vroom for offers. Tesla a split the difference between them. If you have the vin you can have them make an offer. Fair warning, that is wholesale. Retail price would be much higher. Also look at KBB.

I have a 2018 S 100D bought in May 2019 that I am thinking of selling privately. Since the amount is high, how does one carry out the transaction? Thanks.

Do what works best for you. I met my buyer at my bank and deposited their cashier's check. But even then if it was a bogus cashier's check then it could still be reversed by your bank. In my case I had reasons to trust the buyer. I'm told a better solution is to meet them at their bank and watch them get a cashier's check drawn from their account.

I'm very interested in purchasing a Model S-75D.
Went and met the owner. It is a 2018 and fully loaded that has EAP, FSD, SAS, SBP, Premium Sound and all of it. It says Supercharger Enabled (I'm not sure if it is free or pay per use - Not a big deal breaker for me). Here's the build sheet.
Car has little bit shy of 8000 miles and it is in great shape. No curb rash on wheels or no major cosmetic blemish on it.

Seller wants: 60k as he wants to upgrade to a X.

I asked the Seller to check what is the actual trade-in value from Tesla is and told him that I'll be willing to offer more than it and will be a fair and realistic offer.
Seller has an extremely busy lifestyle so he said he doesn't know when he will get some time to take it down to Tesla to find out the trade in value.
In this case how do I find out the actual trade in value of the car.
Can some previous owner lemme know or if there is a tool to find out. (I know I can search on KBB or other sites but they are really way off the target when it comes to Tesla pricing)
View attachment 448949
meet in the middle and be done with it.

Reactions: MXWing
8000 miles, perfect condition, sounds like a fair deal. Trade ins are always less, Retail though which you would buy from them is always more. Not sure why your asking him to get trade in value? You better snap it up if thats what you want. Its not fully loaded either with those seats and no sunroof, no upgrade onboard charger etc. FSD though>

If a 75D is what you want and it suits your needs at 55-60 well you need to decide for yourself.
just buy a new 100d lr as they are way less then they were a few years ago

Reactions: Oldschool496