Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: How to reset clock to correct time/ time zone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, nice find, I wonder if that came with a recent software update? 6 months ago, I had to have a service engineer remotely access my car to fix the time. This definitely should be in the "Things you didn't know" thread.

Process of resetting your clock to correct time/time zone. Little trick is to tap the clock on center console three times. Bwamo, done :)
Thanks to Kyle @ Highland Park Service center for this little trick!
islandbayy,

I live in the central time zone, however I live very close to the eastern time zone so this part of the area lives on eastern time zone. that being said, when my model s was delivered the time was set for the central time zone. does this trick allow me to set the clock or does it just re-set the clock (if that makes sense)?

It
islandbayy,

I live in the central time zone, however I live very close to the eastern time zone so this part of the area lives on eastern time zone. that being said, when my model s was delivered the time was set for the central time zone. does this trick allow me to set the clock or does it just re-set the clock (if that makes sense)?
It should set the clock to the time zone you are in based on GPS. If it's not self-updating on location, or being erratic, this can "force" it in a sense to check and update. Though, I will admit, I have not done it while being very close to the time zone border. Just when the car decided to be off a bit.

It

It should set the clock to the time zone you are in based on GPS. If it's not self-updating on location, or being erratic, this can "force" it in a sense to check and update. Though, I will admit, I have not done it while being very close to the time zone border. Just when the car decided to be off a bit.
It worked like magic, thanks! I was however, in the EST zone when I did it so you are probably correct that it was based on GPS.