TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S: How to reset clock to correct time/ time zone.

Discussion in 'Video' started by islandbayy, Aug 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

#1 islandbayy, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

Process of resetting your clock to correct time/time zone. Little trick is to tap the clock on center console three times. Bwamo, done :)
    Thanks to Kyle @ Highland Park Service center for this little trick!

• Like x 1
  2. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

Excellent tip! Mine had been wrong for a few weeks and I had been procrastinating making a call to the SC.
    Thanks!

3. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

Wow, nice and thank you! That's missing in the manual as far as I can tell.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

nickhowe...time for an update...:)

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Wow, nice find, I wonder if that came with a recent software update? 6 months ago, I had to have a service engineer remotely access my car to fix the time. This definitely should be in the "Things you didn't know" thread.

6. mtally3

mtally3 New Member

islandbayy,

I live in the central time zone, however I live very close to the eastern time zone so this part of the area lives on eastern time zone. that being said, when my model s was delivered the time was set for the central time zone. does this trick allow me to set the clock or does it just re-set the clock (if that makes sense)?

7. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

It
    It should set the clock to the time zone you are in based on GPS. If it's not self-updating on location, or being erratic, this can "force" it in a sense to check and update. Though, I will admit, I have not done it while being very close to the time zone border. Just when the car decided to be off a bit.

8. mtally3

mtally3 New Member

It worked like magic, thanks! I was however, in the EST zone when I did it so you are probably correct that it was based on GPS.