Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - HPWC (High Power Wall Connector)

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
I've been told November, and then December.

I'll start gathering the pitchfork mob "this spring".

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks Nigel. I'll probably get mine in January, but that's fine for now. Wonder if they nixed the color matching like they did for the mobile connectors?

zax123

CDN Model S 100D
Jun 4, 2012
Candiac, QC, CAN
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm also wondering if they'll let me take delivery of the HPWC before the car. I'm having an electrician upgrade my house entrance from 200A to 400A and want him to hook up the HPWC at the same time...

Sig698

Model S Sig Perf #698
Jan 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
On a somewhat related note, does anyone have any idea if these will be easy to retrofit a J1772 plug onto, like with the Roadster HPC? I'm planning to donate one to a public area and a J1772 charger would be an easier sell.

Sig698

Model S Sig Perf #698
Jan 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
That's unfortunate, since I already have the HPC on order and the Clipper Creek is twice the price. I was under the impression there were some Roadster HPCs in the wild with a J1772?

• Love
Reactions: Meng

Lloyd

Jan 12, 2011
San Luis Obispo, CA
Yes, but Clipper Creek makes a certified J1772 unit and kit to change over. I don't think that Tesla would support that. I'm sure it would work as the signaling is the same.

CS-100 is $2195, Comes with a mounting pedestal, and holster to retain J1772 head when not used.

HPWC is $1200. Cord and J1772 is ~$425 Plus several hours to retrofit, No mounting pedestal or holster to hold J1772 head.

If you decide to retrofit, I will buy your Tesla 2 connector from the HPWC!

Last edited:

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Interesting that they said reservation order, not VIN order. And no batching by geography, etc.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Mar 29, 2009
Nixa, Missouri, United States
As it's January 1, 2013 and deliveries were supposed to start in December I thought I'd revive this thread. I assume nobody's gotten their charger yet even after the rumors of shipping "this week" about 2 weeks ago when UL approval was granted. Not a pressing need by any means, but I'd sure like to get the wall charger installed and be able to permanently store my UMC in the car.

Any speculation, facts, or ideas on this?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC