Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in a non-Tesla country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! First of all I live on Costa Rica (not Puerto Rico)

I’m planning on getting a CPO Model S but I do have some questions.

(Needless to say, there is no Tesla in Costa Rica)

In case something mayor happens, will Tesla flight a “ranger” to my expense?

What kind of stuff have you needed service for (to see if I could live without it)?

For current CPO Owners: If you lived in a non-Tesla country, and money was not a problem, would you buy another CPO?

Thanks!
Rafael C. Sorry

That's so exciting that you are getting a Tesla in Puerto Rico! :p

Worst case scenario, you should be able to get someone to fly there from the US. There are already a few "well known" independent Tesla mechanics in the US on YouTube...

I'm planning on getting a Tesla in the best 2-3 years if things gets easier.
How it has been for you having a Tesla?
Any problems with electric systems or electronic/software or needing parts?
Some days ago I was driving by La Garita and saw a Blue Tesla Model X there. Really impressed there are already some Tesla owners here.

Parts or authorized repairs are not available here in any shape or form

Parts can purchased either through Tesla or even used on Ebay ( not recommended)

Navigation does not work as you need a sim card installed. The Sim Card installation is not simple as its behind the display. You can use most of the cars internet functions with a mobile wi-fi hot-spot, and can use almost all the cars internet functions if you add a portable VPN.

I think you need to do more research on this forum.

The Tesla CPO program hasn't existed for some time now. They converted to used car sales and other than warranty there is little simularity between the two. Tesla used cars are not reconditioned in any way. Mechanical issues are covered by the warranty but they do nothing about body damage or cosmetic problems.

Another potential problem is anyone listed on the title has to be present for delivery. If they won't title the car in Costa Rica you'll have to title in Arizona or another state. They won't assign the title to you and let you register the car yourself.

If you search this site you'll find many horror stories about used car purchasing problems with Tesla. You'll also find many who were happy with the process. Regardless of the experience the great majority are happy with the car.

Costa Rica is one of my favorite places. Have visited twice the last time being Christmas of 2016 when I brought my children and grandchildren. Fantastic time was had by all.

Good luck with your pursuit of a Tesla.
Pure Vita