TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S in Beaufort SC

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by trigga71, Apr 28, 2014.

1. trigga71

trigga71 Member

Spotted what looked to be a blue Model S on Sunday. Are you here?

2. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Was in Beaufort that weekend, but unfortunately no Tesla yet :(

3. trigga71

trigga71 Member

Spotted a white MS Saturday at the farmers market. I doubt you'll be here but worth a shot.

4. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Any owners or enthusiasts in Beaufort that could help me better understand the local charging infrastructure?

I see only a few entries on PlugShare plus the Superchargers in Santee and Savannah. I may get my car in time for a Dec 8-11 visit, and this could be my first trip. Early calculations suggest I will need to pick up about 100 miles of range while in Beaufort, possibly more if I need to make a second run to Charleston airport to drop a friend. I'm not sure yet of facilities where I'll be staying -- considering night(s) at Best Western, but their HPWC is allegedly slow. Need to leave with enough charge to get from Beaufort to Charleston Airport to Santee SC on the 11th (135 miles). Thanks.

5. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

You should still see 20mph charge rate at the HPWC at the Best Western given the report on plugshare.