Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in Body Shop for 3 Months?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad's Model S was in an accident (both air bags deployed, everyone safe) several months ago. It's been in the (Tesla-approved) body shop for at least 3 months now. They are finally (supposedly) receiving 100% of parts they've been waiting for. His insurance covered a rental car for 30 days, but the past 2 months he's been without a car entirely.

Shouldn't Tesla be providing some sort of compensation since the delay is on their end, getting parts to the body shop? Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation? This is the second time he's needed body work, and the second time he's had to wait a very long time for it to be completed.

Any advice would be appreciated. (Yes, I've already advised him to stop getting into accidents! :)

sorry to say this but I don't believe that tesla is obliged to do much in the way of giving you an alternate car, that could be part of your insurance policy. sadly you've entered into the darkside of tesla ownership. I hope that since the needed parts are finally in place the repairs are now made soon. good luck.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
My dad's Model S was in an accident (both air bags deployed, everyone safe) several months ago. It's been in the (Tesla-approved) body shop for at least 3 months now. They are finally (supposedly) receiving 100% of parts they've been waiting for. His insurance covered a rental car for 30 days, but the past 2 months he's been without a car entirely.

Shouldn't Tesla be providing some sort of compensation since the delay is on their end, getting parts to the body shop? Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation? This is the second time he's needed body work, and the second time he's had to wait a very long time for it to be completed.

Any advice would be appreciated. (Yes, I've already advised him to stop getting into accidents! :)

As @kort677 said, welcome to the dark side of Tesla ownership. 3 months is nothing... mine was 4 for full-replacement minor body work and a paint blend. Airbags and a crumpled front will take much longer.

Which body shop? I see you're in socal.