TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S in Gran Turismo 6 announcement trailer

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Bucket22, May 15, 2013.

1. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

I am very excited to see the Model S featured prominently in the Gran Turismo 6 announcement trailer (at 55 second mark). GT 6 Announcement | Gran Turismo 6 is coming | #GT6isComing - USK - YouTube. I was worried that I was going to have to go frame-by-frame through all the headlights and taillights they flashed through. Hope they get the performance right and don't hamper the car's performance like they did with the Roadster in GT5.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#2 brianman, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    Screenshots:

GranTurismo6_TeslaModelS.png

GranTurismo6_TeslaModelS_Rear.png

I think they took a little liberty with the Signature silver (it looks a bit bronze) but not off the reservation.

Also, they didn't opt for the spoiler.

I didn't see any shots in the barrage of front lights, rear lights, and speedometer images.

3. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I've always wondered, do video games such as this have to pay the car companies to use their cars?

4. Nikoli

Nikoli Member

Nice to see it's been added, but no physics engine on the planet can compete with the video game parked in the garage.

5. zax123

zax123 CDN Model S P308

Touché

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Signature silver? Also, to be the downer here, is the handling of the S up to par enough to be featured in a racing game?

7. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

The game makers must obtain a license to use the real cars in the video games. I believe many companies allow their cars to be used in GT for free for the exposure. Porsche has an exclusive arrangement with EA, so you must drive a RUF instead in non-EA games.

Yes, but I'm a little more tolerant of crash risk in the video game Tesla.

The game has 1200 cars, so being the ideal track car is not a requirement. Lots of people race very mundane cars in GT. I'm sure the Model S will be a big hit among racers for its straight line acceleration and novelty. I think it's telling that the Model S was one of the cars selected for the trailer.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Only 4 (non-custom) colors for Signature. One of them was silver. Notice that I didn't capitalize the 's' in "silver" because it's not "Signature Silver" (i.e. not exclusive to Signature).

9. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Thanks @bucket32!

10. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Not worth it's own thread, but Model S appeared in Google I/O's keynote today. They were talking about a world where we have a number of different screens and showed phones, laptops, tablets, and a Model S center console.

Also, this video on glass features Model S: Google Glass 2.0: What If We Had Glass? - YouTube

11. Majerus

Majerus Member

O that is awesome, looks like I will be driving a model s before the end of the year ;P

12. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Yes, but does it have fog lights? :tongue:

13. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I also hope they render the 17" panel for the 1st person POV.

14. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

I noticed a few additional pictures of the in-game GT6 Model S on Amazon's web site. They're listing the Model S and three other cars as a pre-order bonus. Amazon.com: Gran Turismo 6: Video Games The Model S they feature in that ad and the associated "Amzon Exclusive video" is a white one. I like this dark blue one (like mine):

61UADVhMqAL.jpg

And, yes, I think they are all 2012 models with fog lights.

15. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

Awww, it's only for Playstation? I don't like racing games much but thought it might be worth looking into just because of the Model S...I won't go as far as getting a playstation just to be able to race a Model S. Driving the real one once it comes should be good enough ;)

16. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

PS3 at that. If I'm going to buy a new game in December it will be for the PS4 or Xbox One.

17. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

Yes, it's officially listed in the game as a "2012 Model S Signature Edition."

And yeah, Andrewket, you'll have two likely very good choices for racing games on Xbox One and PS4 this holiday: Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One and Drive Club for PS4.

I am an editor on IGN, a big video game website, so as soon as I'm able to get my hands on the Model S in GT6, I'll be sure to let everyone here know how it compares to the real thing. :biggrin:

18. RobotGrease

RobotGrease Member

just saw this ad on Jalopnik:

tesla in GT6.PNG

19. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Nice although the Model S doesn't often come in 3rd place. But behind the 2014 Vette, and a 2014 Viper isn't all that bad for a racing game. Not to mention that the Tesla has been on sale for a year, while the others are just at the peak of their hype at this point.