Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in Gran Turismo 6 announcement trailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very excited to see the Model S featured prominently in the Gran Turismo 6 announcement trailer (at 55 second mark). GT 6 Announcement | Gran Turismo 6 is coming | #GT6isComing - USK - YouTube. I was worried that I was going to have to go frame-by-frame through all the headlights and taillights they flashed through. Hope they get the performance right and don't hamper the car's performance like they did with the Roadster in GT5.

Screenshots:

GranTurismo6_TeslaModelS.png

GranTurismo6_TeslaModelS_Rear.png

I think they took a little liberty with the Signature silver (it looks a bit bronze) but not off the reservation.

Also, they didn't opt for the spoiler.

I didn't see any shots in the barrage of front lights, rear lights, and speedometer images.

Last edited:
Screenshots:

View attachment 22025

View attachment 22026

I think they took a little liberty with the Signature silver (it looks a bit bronze) but not off the reservation.

Also, they didn't opt for the spoiler.

I didn't see any shots in the barrage of front lights, rear lights, and speedometer images.

Signature silver? Also, to be the downer here, is the handling of the S up to par enough to be featured in a racing game?

I've always wondered, do video games such as this have to pay the car companies to use their cars?

The game makers must obtain a license to use the real cars in the video games. I believe many companies allow their cars to be used in GT for free for the exposure. Porsche has an exclusive arrangement with EA, so you must drive a RUF instead in non-EA games.

Nice to see it's been added, but no physics engine on the planet can compete with the video game parked in the garage.

Yes, but I'm a little more tolerant of crash risk in the video game Tesla.

Signature silver? Also, to be the downer here, is the handling of the S up to par enough to be featured in a racing game?

The game has 1200 cars, so being the ideal track car is not a requirement. Lots of people race very mundane cars in GT. I'm sure the Model S will be a big hit among racers for its straight line acceleration and novelty. I think it's telling that the Model S was one of the cars selected for the trailer.

Awww, it's only for Playstation? I don't like racing games much but thought it might be worth looking into just because of the Model S...I won't go as far as getting a playstation just to be able to race a Model S. Driving the real one once it comes should be good enough ;)

PS3 at that. If I'm going to buy a new game in December it will be for the PS4 or Xbox One.

Yes, it's officially listed in the game as a "2012 Model S Signature Edition."

And yeah, Andrewket, you'll have two likely very good choices for racing games on Xbox One and PS4 this holiday: Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One and Drive Club for PS4.

I am an editor on IGN, a big video game website, so as soon as I'm able to get my hands on the Model S in GT6, I'll be sure to let everyone here know how it compares to the real thing. :biggrin: