Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in LA Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
PRESS RELEASE

From Tesla Motors.

Please join us at the Tesla showroom 11163 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025 - Google Maps in West Los Angeles this Saturday April 18th and Sunday April 19th for the first LA public viewing of the Exterior Design Model of the Model S sedan! This is your chance to see our new show model up close and in person!

Our store will be open from 10AM to
6PM on Saturday and 12PM to 5PM on Sunday.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing
you there!

Sincerely,

The LA Team
11163 Santa Monica Blvd, W. Los Angeles CA 90025
tel 310.473.8337I fax 310.473.8593

I noticed when I was there yesterday that they tinted the windows pretty dark so that you couldn't see much of the inside. You could make out the steering wheel, but unlike previous pictures, you couldn't see the boards that were holding up what makes the steering wheel.

Stopped by at about 4 on Sunday.

Here's what I learned (apologies to all for repeats).

This was only the "exterior design model" (the white one) built on a square tubular frame it had to be moved by raising it up on jacks and rolled around. It's has a very fragile "do not touch" outside made of "resin" and a mostly non-existent inside.

It is the one touring the country.

The Silver one is getting interior pictures done this week and is generally being ravaged by the various design teams.

The wheels shown are the bigger high end versions. The stock ones will be smaller.

The excitement for this car has also spurred an uptick in Roadster sales.

Will post some pics later.

The wheels shown are the bigger high end versions. The stock ones will be smaller.

This is what worries me. I'd be a fool to think that the (silver) car their showing is going to end up being $49k and change, but if there are a ton of options - bigger wheels, roof, push-button trunk, etc., then I'm probably going to get priced out of this thing.

I've got an idea of what I want to spend (probably up to $60k), but I'm hopeful that I don't have to make the decision of whether I want a bare-bones car, or to walk away.

This is what worries me. I'd be a fool to think that the (silver) car their showing is going to end up being $49k and change, but if there are a ton of options - bigger wheels, roof, push-button trunk, etc., then I'm probably going to get priced out of this thing.

I've got an idea of what I want to spend (probably up to $60k), but I'm hopeful that I don't have to make the decision of whether I want a bare-bones car, or to walk away.

I'm also targeting a real-world $60k price tag, but can't really think of any reason we shouldn't be able to get a darn nice car for that price. The extended range battery will be the big ticket item. I can live w/o the panoramic roof or huge rims. We'll see what the price comes to, but I still think that you should be able to get a Model S for a decent price.

This was only the "exterior design model" (the white one) built on a square tubular frame it had to be moved by raising it up on jacks and rolled around. It's has a very fragile "do not touch" outside made of "resin" and a mostly non-existent inside.

It is the one touring the country.

I presume then that this white one is the one off to NYC, or is the drivable one off there next week too?

I think a loaded Model S including the 300 mile pack will be in the neighborhood of $80-85K based on what I have seen and heard so far. I am thinking it will end up out of my price range. Too bad because I am a huge fan of it. And I like to have my cars loaded not willing to settle for a base car even if I have to go to a lesser car to get it loaded. I like having all the gadgets and ammenities.

I think a loaded Model S including the 300 mile pack will be in the neighborhood of $80-85K based on what I have seen and heard so far. I am thinking it will end up out of my price range. Too bad because I am a huge fan of it. And I like to have my cars loaded not willing to settle for a base car even if I have to go to a lesser car to get it loaded. I like having all the gadgets and ammenities.

I'll take a base Model S over a loaded ICE "anything" any day. I enjoy having bells and whistles too. But adding an aftermarket GPS is cheap, easy, and just as useful. Adding an aftermarket stereo can be done later on. Buying nicer rims can be cheaper and delayed when money is available.

I don't mean to demean your POV, I really do understand what you're saying and would love to get a loaded version too. But if it means going with a 230 mile range instead of a 300 mile range. And if it means I have to forgo 3G and use an iPhone instead, and if it means I forgo the sunroof to keep the price under $70k, then I'll do that...the car is still what's most important to me, not the bells and whistles.