Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call today saying the Model S was coming to NY at the end of the month. Can't wait.

Not to hijack this thread, but did they say where in NY? I would love to be able to go into the city and check out the Model S. Of course if it is during the week it wouldn't work cause I can't "take off" from "work." (Used quotes cause it's not really work, but it is :p).

-Shark2k

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to hijack this thread, but did they say where in NY? I would love to be able to go into the city and check out the Model S. Of course if it is during the week it wouldn't work cause I can't "take off" from "work." (Used quotes cause it's not really work, but it is :p).

The tentative date I was given was a Wednesday. No word on venue yet (obviously won't the the NYIAS). Perhaps this discussion could be moved to another thread? Doug?

World Tour!

WorldTour.jpg

From Elon's email:

tiny_map.jpg

Come see the Model S in New York City

If you live in greater New York or plan to visit soon, you're in luck: The Model S will be on display Thursday, April 30 (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and Friday, May 1 (noon to 9 p.m.) at The Plaza Hotel, 5th Avenue at Central Park South, New York, NY 10019. This is a rare opportunity for the general public to get up close and personal with the Model S, the all-electric family sedan that carries up to seven people and travels up to 300 miles per charge.

Tesla sales representatives will be at The Plaza Hotel to answer questions and take reservations. Eventually we will have a Model S in all of our showrooms and at major auto shows. In the upcoming months, we'll bring the Model S to Chicago, Seattle, Miami and Washington as we prepare to open regional sales and service centers in those locations. Keep reading these newsletters for details.

letterman.jpg

Model S to appear on Late Show with David Letterman

The Model S has gotten incredible buzz since its launch on March 26, when it was featured on blogs, in newspapers and on TV newscasts worldwide. On April 29, the Model S will make another historic debut: It's expected to be the first fully drivable car to appear on Late Show with David Letterman.

Conventional cars and hybrids, which produce CO2 emissions, are not allowed in drivable form on the Late Show set due to strict emission regulations. The prohibition of internal combustion engine cars is an ironic twist, seeing as Dave is a passionate car enthusiast who loves to wax about his favorite vehicles – but hey, it's a great opportunity for the Model S. I'll be on the show along with the car, and I am looking forward to a lively conversation with Dave, a fellow sports car aficionado and Tesla fan. Please tune in on your local affiliate station to see this historic event.