Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL S in Paris 24th april to 5th may ! first french customer to ride in France !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
I am from France

If you have opporunity to go to Paris, you will be probably lucky to see Tesla Model S between two tests.

I had the chance to be the first to try it yesterday morning officially in France, with a ride not far from 3 quarter of an hour because I had arrived earlier, and that next trial was only at 11:00 AM

It was Model S Performance, metallic brown color (which looks black when it is not sunnt) 85kwh battery, and 21-inch aluminum wheels, given for 4.4 sec from 0 to 100 kmh

When tested in Paris, we went near Trocadero place , then towards too "Bois de Boulogne" where traffic is less dense for a better test.

I could test air suspension which allows to lower or raise the car, so it was set up to max, and attacked the pavement, as in Paris, there are many.
It was disconcerting how little vibration seen in the box, and the steering wheel, it's almost as if there were no pavment.
(I tested again in the evening with my peugeot 206, and it shaked around, vibrations in the dashboard, steering wheel, unbearable noise ....)

I set the screen to display google map. It is not always quick to display bitmap tiles, but hey, it seems that it can be cached, and as the car was not yet gone to Paris, The man from Tesla also says that it should preload images. ..

I brought my USB key with compounds or remixed by myself (Special Bass Dance Electro) titles to test premium audio system. With high volume, the sound is very good, without saturation, with good bass.
I did not tried to custom EQ, but I think for fans of deep bass, it can do it too. Some of you were unhappy with premium sound, I think because you need more bass ;)

For those of you who want to test my own sound, go there https://www.youtube.com/user/djromain54/videos?view_as=public

What is nice with the central touch screen is that you can choose to show two things at the same time, there is a choice between: music, google map, chart energy, internet browser, back camera, phone
At first, I displayed map and camera, which is a good add to mirrors, especially to see motos, scooters coming from anywhere in Paris: D
After I choosed to display chart of consumption.

When I camed into the car, it seems to have 90% of charge, with an ideal range of 417 kms remaining
As shown in photo, I just abused acceleration (completely amazing, we did not have time to finish sentence, we find ourselves well above the speed limit and we are obliged to cut " gases "uh sorry, slow down ....
Regeneration is pretty good, compared to a Nissan LEAF (for almost non-existent), but obviously not strong enough when it comes to heavy braking after such acceleration

Near "Arc de Triomphe", many eyes of people were looking at the car, especially at stoplights, where some of them will not have had time to see long ;)

With all stop and starts and times done, range projection was "only" 230 km ... against the ideal range calculated 417.
But it is still very good, when you see parameters of the city where a steady speed is impossible given the traffic conditions.

Now about the charging infrastructure, it is clear that France is a very small market for TESLA, compared to the rest of Europe which mainly germany, belgium, switzerland, netherlands and other ... and therefore the installation of solar recharging terminals (Superchargers) will be very limited
Perhaps we will have some at strategics points : in Paris, Lyon, in the south of the mediterranean, in Brittany

This was my second test of tesla model S, and as exciting as the first one at Anvers in Februrary !!!

tesla3.jpg
tesla.jpg
tesla1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for reply !
I corrected link in my first post. Here it is again for others who want to visit it :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/djromain54/videos?view_as=public

Yes, I would like too superchargers on Soleil Autoroute. Tesla told me it will depends of demand of neighbourt coutries from France, because, apparently there are not many buyers :( On reservation map, I can only see 5 or 6 reservations in France for Model S !

When I tested Model S at Anvers in February, my young son made a video. We can see it on youtube. The most amazing in this video are the children laughing at accelerations !!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: