Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in service since 4/28, nobody is picking up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, didn't really expect such a huge outpour (well kind of). Just want to give you guys an update, I'm at my 39th day of no Tesla, no Loaner, no response, I'll keep emailing.

I'm going to try and tweet this page to Elon and see what happens...

Oh well. Good luck to everybody, I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
Well, I had a feeling it would take time so I told them on March 7 I wanted things fixed but wouldn't take it in until I got a loaner. That meant I had to wait 10 weeks to bring it in in order to get the loaner (May 26). Its been there for 12 days. However, they haven't even LOOKED at it yet. Its just been parked there the whole time with its battery draining. Now there is only 40km of range and I keep asking them to charge it to stop it from going completely flat - but no-one picks up and no-one calls me back.

When I did manage to speak with someone (last week), he told me that they can finish servicing 8-10 Teslas per day. That is actually pretty shocking when you consider there are more than 4,000 Teslas in Hong Kong. So even if they went at their full capacity - and assuming only half days on Saturdays and including public holidays etc.....the most they can service in a year from that 1 center is 2,500 give or take. And as you know, every Tesla on the road will do AT LEAST 1 service per year not to mention all of the issues existing cars have (as is the case with you and me).

The situation should improve once the new service center is built which has a floor space 6x greater than the existing one. That in theory should bring their annual capacity to cater for ~17-18k vehicles. That will be up and running in 2017. But if current demand trends are anything to go by, you would think that the Model X would have just as much demand as Model S and Model 3 would be at least 3x more than Model S and Model X combined - of course this also depends greatly on what the HK FRT conclusion is. Assuming no change, they better start building another one as soon as the new one is complete.

Update: After tweeting and emailing Elon, somebody actually called back proactively this morning. They are saying my car will be ready on Monday - 46 days after service. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is indeed the case. Will update once I do get the car :)

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy
congrats on finally hearing some news on your car - it's kinda sad that it doesn't happent till one personally tweets/emails their CEO. All that Tesla HK is doing, is making all those who have their cars being unacceptability delayed contact him as well. With time, the whole thing becomes a prisoner's dilemma - you don't get your car back (or even a contact) if you don't tweet, and when everyone's contacting Elon to get their car sorted, nobody's getting their car sorted.

Tesla HK's getting a new service centre soon, but they have already dropped the ball. If they don't get in shape soon, we should consider contacting headquarters directly, as a collective of tesla owners in HK...

I know some folks in this forum gets to meet Tesla Management once in a while. I'm sure they are aware of this situation and will bring it up.
That being said, I think we do need to get together and try to get some answers from them as a collective. Not sure what the right avenue/method will be. I'm open to suggestions.

discussions on this forum are quite informative i'd think - some homework of collecting discussions from a few different local forums would present some solid findings. Bear in mind whilst Tesla, with their big expanding business, probably struggles with budget to hire somebody to do research on this full time, that other car companies would KILL to have such ample amount of discussions on one specific model of their cars online, freely available to anyone putting in the time to look. Collecting these info and handing them to tesla on a silver plate notwithstanding, it'd be nice if the local HK division can actually do something meaningful with it... i'm still optimistic about the future, the Tesla HK is running themselves out of time

It's astonishing how much the service centers differ around the world.

In my part of the country the bellevue service center will practically bend over backwards to address even the tiniest complaint.

Heck they've even called me shortly after I vented about a rattle on these forums. That was a bit creepy, but okay.

The last time my car was serviced the mechanic came out to my place of work and fixed an annoying squeak, and that was within a day or two of emailing them about it. They knew the root cause and exactly how to fix it.

I'm sure they'd call SpaceX if I told them I needed to make a trip to the moon. Okay, maybe they wouldn't go that far.

But, even on road trips I've had awesome experiences at Service Centers while supercharging. Where employees have addressed concerns, and the seat belt inspection thing was done once when I was charging.

congrats on finally hearing some news on your car - it's kinda sad that it doesn't happent till one personally tweets/emails their CEO. All that Tesla HK is doing, is making all those who have their cars being unacceptability delayed contact him as well. With time, the whole thing becomes a prisoner's dilemma - you don't get your car back (or even a contact) if you don't tweet, and when everyone's contacting Elon to get their car sorted, nobody's getting their car sorted.

Tesla HK's getting a new service centre soon, but they have already dropped the ball. If they don't get in shape soon, we should consider contacting headquarters directly, as a collective of tesla owners in HK...

So, I have my car back, which is good, but there is a minor problem I need the service centre to fix (they caused it; it didn't exist before). No reply to emails; not picking up the phone; not returning messages. Tell me how a bigger service centre is going to solve this problem?

When you get service, they are really great, but presumably there just aren't enough people to do the servicing (or answer the phone, or respond to emails, it seems). C'mon Elon. Sort out Hong Kong pronto. We need help over here ... and it is not difficult to fix. Just send over 20 service engineers, or employ 20 more here, having trained them up.

Volta.

So, I have my car back, which is good, but there is a minor problem I need the service centre to fix (they caused it; it didn't exist before). No reply to emails; not picking up the phone; not returning messages. Tell me how a bigger service centre is going to solve this problem?

When you get service, they are really great, but presumably there just aren't enough people to do the servicing (or answer the phone, or respond to emails, it seems). C'mon Elon. Sort out Hong Kong pronto. We need help over here ... and it is not difficult to fix. Just send over 20 service engineers, or employ 20 more here, having trained them up.

Volta.

I'm getting replies on the main service line.

Support | Tesla Motors Hong Kong

3974 0288 or 3974 0251

Which of those numbers are you calling?

Just to share. I took delivery in Sep last year. I called the service center hotline(I could get through in the first try) and asked for the need of annual maintenance/checkup last Thursday. They said its chargeable(3k) and not mandatory. I then booked for the checkup (also to follow up the minor defect of my left passenger door handle). The early free slot is in early Nov.(5 months wait time). No good at all! Luckily I don't have a major issue with my MS. I thought the current situation will be improved in the second half?

I owe everybody an update. I did receive the car in the end, after 49 days in service. I really suspect the only reason I ever got the car back is because I 1) posted here, 2) tweeted Elon, 3) emailed all PR/Support/Elon email addresses. I surely hope this is not the level of service we should continue to expect.

There is now a creeking noise in my break pedal but don't think I'll call it in ;)

I owe everybody an update. I did receive the car in the end, after 49 days in service. I really suspect the only reason I ever got the car back is because I 1) posted here, 2) tweeted Elon, 3) emailed all PR/Support/Elon email addresses. I surely hope this is not the level of service we should continue to expect.

There is now a creeking noise in my break pedal but don't think I'll call it in ;)

I was luckier than you, slightly less than 1 month. The car was in for more than 2 weeks and Elon was tweeted. Car repaired in less than 2 weeks. Still has minor problems.

Just to share. I took delivery in Sep last year. I called the service center hotline(I could get through in the first try) and asked for the need of annual maintenance/checkup last Thursday. They said its chargeable(3k) and not mandatory. I then booked for the checkup (also to follow up the minor defect of my left passenger door handle). The early free slot is in early Nov.(5 months wait time). No good at all! Luckily I don't have a major issue with my MS. I thought the current situation will be improved in the second half?

en-ev, maybe you can take the fast track by making a checkup booking with Elon direct.