TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S in The Times

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dpeilow, Mar 30, 2009.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

When I saw this opinion piece in The Times last night, I was somewhat pleased as it seemed very positive:

Green Vroom -Times Online

However in the actual piece referred to, they had to go and spoil it by bringing up the whole Top Gear thing again. :rolleyes:

Green cars:* will someone hit the accelerator

The article starts well enough, then basically bashes Tesla because Jeremy Clarkson didn't like the Roadster - before going on to argue the case for hybrids and/or buying second hand cars (because it would take a Prius 15000 miles to pay off its carbon debt). It has a dig at electric car proponents for ignoring the power plant CO2 issue, before doing so itself elsewhere and then saying this:

I don't think the writer knows where he stands...

It should be noted that neither of the 2 authors (confusingly) named on the article are motoring journalists or even technical journalists.

I'm not in the country, so I've asked someone to check how much space the Model S gets in the print version.

2. mt2

mt2 Member

They also blew it with the following line.

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

OK, so the print version got bought, scanned and emailed to me...

It's actually two articles, which helpfully their website staff have rolled into one with just a non-obvious subtitle to separate the two. The main piece was written by this guy.

Apart from that, the only difference is that there is a picture of the Model S next to its description.