TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Insurance Cost in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DanL50, Apr 18, 2018.

1. DanL50

DanL50 Member

Just bought MS 75D. After multiple quotes, and coming from another state, insurance rates seem high here in Vegas.

For 250/500, 500 ded, etc, with house and umbrella insurance in a package, the quoted annual auto premium ranges from $3100 to 3900.
    Accident, violation free.

Anyone care to share their premium, company and/or experience. Thanks.

PS - in Nevada, are insurers required to pay full Tesla repair charges?

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Member

Progressive provided the best rate for me. Despite not being a fan of that provider - they did have the best rate. Opt for the 1,000 deduction. And of course, hope you get UM/UIM coverage as well.

Congratulations on the purchase! Welcome to the fam!

3. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

Wow that seems excessive. I am assuming maybe you are younger? For same coverage I pay $1k a year and that includes gap insurance.

4. DanL50

DanL50 Member

Age is late 60's.
    Just got a quote from Ameriprise/Costco for 1730/yr compared to previous 3100ish quotes for same coverage.
    Unbelievable range - that's a saving of about 1400/yr!
    Anyone have Tesla claim experience with Ameriprise/Costco?

5. DrRa

DrRa Member

State farm is 960$ bundled with home. 500$ deduct

6. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Rocket Scientist

Progressive is best for me as well. Roughly $1100/yr with $500 deductible, $0 deductible for glass.