Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Insurance in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow... I pay 333 a month, about 4000 per year.... thats with dual policy, agreed value of 120k even though i paid 166k, garaged, I live in 2037 though, and I have a multi policy discount with YOUI, no claim bonus, p85 model

I don't know how anyone gets it so cheap :(

The difference between the P and the S is part of the problem. But my P85+ is around $17-1800 from AAMI but I have full no claim discount. The additional cost to add a driver under 24 (if I wanted to) was $4,000.

Wow... I pay 333 a month, about 4000 per year.... thats with dual policy, agreed value of 120k even though i paid 166k, garaged, I live in 2037 though, and I have a multi policy discount with YOUI, no claim bonus, p85 model

I don't know how anyone gets it so cheap :(

Depends on your age, suburb, driving history etc etc. NRMA for me in an S85 was $1060 with a $1000 excess and 2 other policies, which also makes quite a difference. Shannon's was $1800 even though I have 3 other policies with them.

I should price a P85 to compare.

Hey every one. Today I got my best insurance quote from ... wait for it, CommInsure thats right the insurance arm of the Commonwealth bank!
AAMI $850 prem $1500 excess
CommInsure $1140 prem 650 exess
over 50year, country storage, Glass, no Hire.
Still AAMI have always delivered .

Hey every one. Today I got my best insurance quote from ... wait for it, CommInsure thats right the insurance arm of the Commonwealth bank!
AAMI $850 prem $1500 excess
CommInsure $1140 prem 650 exess
over 50year, country storage, Glass, no Hire.
Still AAMI have always delivered .

I didn't go with AAMI as the maximum they would insure a non performance 85kwh car for was $124k. The car cost around $160k on the road so I wasn't really too keen on that idea. I hold about 5 other polices with them so it is not as if I am an unknown entity to them.

Tried an online quote for RACWA. Highest model available to pick is the P85 and max agreed value is $150k. This gave me a quote of $886 with $700 excess and NCB protection. This quote includes a 25% discount for a LEV

I phoned them and gave the online quote number, and the friendly staff member was able to increase the agreed value while keeping the "online discount" in place.
$1141 per annum with $1000 excess, NCB protection and "hire car after accident" - on agreed value of $192k

Tesla Insurance ?

I'm patiently waiting for an X (the S is too low for my creaky ski-ravaged knees), but in the meantime, thought I'd check out how much it would cost me to insure a Model S ...

It took me 5 different companies (all of them large, including Allianz, who insure my Merc) before I found one that would insure an S

I entered details for a P85 (not + or D) and was quoted $1820 (I'm rating one over 40, no drivers under 40 etc).
I thought this was pretty steep, (i.e. $1k more than my Merc)

Can you existing owners please enter the company, and cost of your insurance please ?
I'll try & record them in a shareable spreadsheet.

Thanks, Greg.