Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Jack Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After changing my mind on the colour of car I wanted after I had placed my order :eek: I have now been allocated a car which should be here next month.
My question relates to Jack pads, it seems to be a minefield online to work out which type I will require for the MS.
Are the puck style ok or do I have to get the larger "Lego brick" type?
This type....

Tesla Model S/X Jack Pad Adapter Tool — EV Accessories Ltd.

Or this type.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08788VK6H/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_RhKoFb96QW4KY

Or even this....

4 X Tesla Model S Model X Polyurethane Jacking Pad Tool Made in UK | eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tesla-Model-S-chassis-specific-jack-pad-tool-/332504015966

I'd recommend the "lego brick" - I made 4 with timber for £10 in materials using info sourced online. The only issue is that when I took the car in yday to have a tyre fixed and gave them one of my pucks it turns out they later claimed there was insufficient space to seat it when using their jack! Not sure if this was correct or they simply couldn't be bothered - the latter quite likely as they tried twice to sell me a new tyre until eventually conceding that they could repair the existing one! Anyway I may make another puck with a lower profile like that metal one to cope with situations where you have a totally flat tyre!.

• Informative
Reactions: Jerryjal
I'd recommend the "lego brick" - I made 4 with timber for £10 in materials using info sourced online. The only issue is that when I took the car in yday to have a tyre fixed and gave them one of my pucks it turns out they later claimed there was insufficient space to seat it when using their jack! Not sure if this was correct or they simply couldn't be bothered - the latter quite likely as they tried twice to sell me a new tyre until eventually conceding that they could repair the existing one! Anyway I may make another puck with a lower profile like that metal one to cope with situations where you have a totally flat tyre!.

Thanks for the info.