Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confident it will be like the Model X launch, meaning that the web stream will be overloaded and they'll put a (in case of mishaps, slightly edited) recording on Vimeo. That's what I'm betting on anyway, not even going to bother with trying to catch it live.

Cool pic:

midnight_hero_v01.jpg

Not sure what Tesla meant by this (emphasis mine) ;)

Model S Deliveries Begin June 22 | Tesla Motors

Notice they changed the text to read:
"For three years we have developed this car from the ground up with persistence and passion. Thank you to those who believed it could be done. You're the reason we're here today, delivering the car of the 21st century. We won't stop until every car on the road is electric."

Notice they changed the text to read:
"For three years we have developed this car from the ground up with persistence and passion. Thank you to those who believed it could be done. You're the reason we're here today, delivering the car of the 21st century. We won't stop until every car on the road is electric."

?? When I bring up the page it has the former wording on it (including the missing apostrophe in "didnt", ehum said the proof reader...). Maybe it's stuck in my computer's cache. Like the former "in your face" wording better anyway.

I liked it better before. I love it when naysayers are proven wrong.

I understand the slightly toned down attitude, though, because Tesla still has a hill to climb, and obstacles will still be thrown their way--they don't want to be seen as arrogant.

Arrogance is usually a bad thing, unless your product's so much better than the others. In that case, I kinda like it, for some reason!