Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S left at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rickgt

Enthusiast owner/member
Dec 13, 2014
Carmel
I'm traveling, and left the MS P85 in garage, plugged into its high power wall connector.

Checking ng my Tesla app on iPhone, the first night it charged normally, after 1am, and stopped at preset level... Second night, twice, third night 3 times...

Then in it showed no connector on car image, but now it looks normal... Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

I have observed that the new mobile app will occasionally not show a connected cord when the HPWC is not powered up. If you turn on the climate control for 30 seconds, it will likely show up as connected.

I have observed that the new mobile app will occasionally not show a connected cord when the HPWC is not powered up. If you turn on the climate control for 30 seconds, it will likely show up as connected.

True, it doesn't always show the cord, even when you know it is plugged. I didn't know about the climate control, though. I guess it's a bit like the cabin temperature, then? It is not always displayed, but if you turn climate control on with the app, it eventually displays it...

True, it doesn't always show the cord, even when you know it is plugged. I didn't know about the climate control, though. I guess it's a bit like the cabin temperature, then? It is not always displayed, but if you turn climate control on with the app, it eventually displays it...

What happens is that turning on the climate control causes the car - after about 5-10 seconds - to turn on the HPWC to collect shore power for the heating/cooling action. That, then, causes the app to display the charging cord.

I just noticed my app showing the car not plugged in this morning. In the Charge tab it said "Charge port open. Please connect cable." Then it fixed itself. I just looked again and it was showing the message again, and upon a second loading of the app it shows the cable and no funny message.

This is the first I've seen it like that since getting the car Friday last week. I just got a firmware update yesterday at my local service center to 6.1 (2.2.179). I wonder if it might be a minor bug in that firmware version.