TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S left at home

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by rickgt, Mar 3, 2015.

1. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

I'm traveling, and left the MS P85 in garage, plugged into its high power wall connector.

Checking ng my Tesla app on iPhone, the first night it charged normally, after 1am, and stopped at preset level... Second night, twice, third night 3 times...

Then in it showed no connector on car image, but now it looks normal... Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

2. majorlance

majorlance Member

I was just away for a week and didn't see anything unusual when I checked on the car.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I have observed that the new mobile app will occasionally not show a connected cord when the HPWC is not powered up. If you turn on the climate control for 30 seconds, it will likely show up as connected.

4. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

Thanks... Will try that

5. slcuervo

slcuervo Member

True, it doesn't always show the cord, even when you know it is plugged. I didn't know about the climate control, though. I guess it's a bit like the cabin temperature, then? It is not always displayed, but if you turn climate control on with the app, it eventually displays it...

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

What happens is that turning on the climate control causes the car - after about 5-10 seconds - to turn on the HPWC to collect shore power for the heating/cooling action. That, then, causes the app to display the charging cord.

7. scottm

scottm Active Member

..that. Right there. I am sorry to hear that.

Sad Tesla. It will probably try to do anything it can to get your attention.

8. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

I just noticed my app showing the car not plugged in this morning. In the Charge tab it said "Charge port open. Please connect cable." Then it fixed itself. I just looked again and it was showing the message again, and upon a second loading of the app it shows the cable and no funny message.

This is the first I've seen it like that since getting the car Friday last week. I just got a firmware update yesterday at my local service center to 6.1 (2.2.179). I wonder if it might be a minor bug in that firmware version.

9. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

I see the same issue recently, not exactly sure when it started, because it only seems to show up if the car is left undriven for a day or more.

10. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

Definitely wasn't undriven for a day or more here. I got home last night around 9:30PM, first noticed the incorrect indication around 9AM this morning.