Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus - 390 miles (Model X upgraded, too)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been noted software improvements will be sent out to owners that previously took delivery of the S/X to provide more range then before. Not all will get the 390. Small software and hardware tweaks have helped them obtain these range numbers.
well I got my new "S" on 30 Jan and still had 2019.35.105......my vin is 366xxx....noticed today that 2 car with vin 338 and 344 have got 2020.4.10 and they keep telling me I am current......go figure......I think I got a inventory car built in Nov 2019 even though the vin says 01/20....it is really difficult to know exactly what I have because Tesla won't give any information except tp say you are up to date

My LR S was a early November 19 build and I’m still on 2019.40.50.7. I’ve had regular updates until recently, some of which have skipped an update in the sequence. Sometimes updates come immediately, sometimes it takes a few weeks.

My LR S was a early November 19 build and I’m still on 2019.40.50.7. I’ve had regular updates until recently, some of which have skipped an update in the sequence. Sometimes updates come immediately, sometimes it takes a few weeks.
is that what it came with or have you have update along the way? Mine came with 2019.35.105 and has del date of 30 Jan with 01/20 mgf date....really makes me wonder

No,
is that what it came with or have you have update along the way? Mine came with 2019.35.105 and has del date of 30 Jan with 01/20 mgf date....really makes me wonder
No, I’ve had a series of updates since delivery. Here’s a screenshot of the updates as logged by TeslaFi.
E58A6BB4-196B-40E6-9FF8-9F0017638A7B.png

When you look at data such as

www.teslike.com/range

any change under 15% could easily be either tweaking interpretation of test data or just 'noise'.

One thing I've noticed reading posts here is that while some owners probably add 10% or more to their range by driving carefully, getting most efficient tier / wheel combo etc, others go almost the opposite. But it is often the same owners that pay top whack for the highest range model then slap on big wheels.

Also, pushing to get the very maximum range without concern for how hard you push the battery is short sighted and somewhat self contradictory. Not only does it reduce battery performance sooner (just like 'what's the point of claiming Supercharging max rates if they only apply to a small percentage of your charge time?' You could easily make 20% negative impact on overall efficiency and range while also working the battery needlessly hard. Under non-optimal conditions of real use, 10% doesnt amount to much.

Their data is clearly wrong. Very very wrong. I went from a P90D to Performance both with 19" wheels, the situation is quite the opposite to what they show. I don't know how they came up with this stuff.

well I got my new "S" on 30 Jan and still had 2019.35.105......my vin is 366xxx....noticed today that 2 car with vin 338 and 344 have got 2020.4.10 and they keep telling me I am current......go figure......I think I got a inventory car built in Nov 2019 even though the vin says 01/20....it is really difficult to know exactly what I have because Tesla won't give any information except tp say you are up to date
My October delivery new build came with an older software version and then was updated in a couple of weeks. I think all factory new builds get a standard version which is not the latest. Currently on 2020.4.1.

Their data is clearly wrong. Very very wrong. I went from a P90D to Performance both with 19" wheels, the situation is quite the opposite to what they show. I don't know how they came up with this stuff.
When I get a moment it will be interesting to compare with ABRP to see what they show. I have to say that for my MS Raven LR their data isn't far off if you take cold weather into account.

This is normal, Tesla deploys new versions of SW in waves and because of the complexity of supporting different hardware revisions, some cars may be left on older firmware for a period of time until issues are fixed.

When I get a moment it will be interesting to compare with ABRP to see what they show. I have to say that for my MS Raven LR their data isn't far off if you take cold weather into account.

Weather is not a factor on those tables. Note that those tables say that LR gets only 17 more miles than a 100D.

Also just checked ABRP, it says LR is 13.3% more efficient than 100D, which using teslike's data for 100D places the LR at 361 miles of range, versus the 336 teslike lists.

So I now total 3 BS sanity checks that fail on the teslike tables so far.

The only report I've seen of Raven range issues is with the C&D test, who somehow managed to calculate 220 miles, which is further on the wrong side of teslike's data which says 287 miles. Perhaps they were dragging a boat anchor around their track.

This is normal, Tesla deploys new versions of SW in waves and because of the complexity of supporting different hardware revisions, some cars may be left on older firmware for a period of time until issues are fixed.

I got my 2020 LR (build date 11/2019) delivered on 12/26/2019 with 2019.40.50.1 and I have received no updates since then. I keep wondering "why not"?