Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus - 390 miles (Model X upgraded, too)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience with updates over the years is they can be very sporadic. Most times I get a notice for a new update, but have had it update without a request to update, then none for months when new ones are available, then 3 in a row. I stopped worrying about it as I eventually receive the most current.

I agree. I’m glad I got the previous silver slipstreams. The only slipstreams available now are the carbon versions which are a $1500 option.
I have 4 - 20 inch silver slipstream wheels and good tires for sale if you are interested. Asking $1,300 for a set of four and tread on tires is very good. Picture and description is attached.

Attachments

• Tesla Wheels.JPG
    Tesla Wheels.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 85
If I understood him right, he said that the unofficial range was about 380. So this only represents another 10 over that, and it could easily be accounted by the new wheels.

I have an order in process, so I am a bit interested in what I’ll actually receive. (Not that I’ll sweat over it much either way.)
Check the gross weight of the car. Seems that it has been put on a diet
2015 5,300 /Curb weight
2020 4,883 to 4,941 /Curb weight

Thanks. Found it. 12/19 mfg date. I wonder if mine is the LR +? Max stated range currently is 328. How do I know if it's a "Raven" or not?
All S/X built after about April 2019 are Raven models (use new front motor from Model 3, improved air suspension, etc). However, it's not clear that all Raven cars will be updated to higher range. Musk said that S/X built in recent months will be updated.

You do not have an LR+, but you may be eligible for a software range update.

Last edited:
All S/X built after about April 2019 are Raven models (use new front motor from Model 3, improved air suspension, etc). However, it's not clear that all Raven cars will be updated to higher range. Musk said that S/X built in recent months will be updated.

It's not even clear if the update will make the car go further, or simply update the EPA range to count more miles for the same consumption. This has happened in the past.

Reactions: voltage

Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration
I don't think so and the reasoning for this, was the way Tesla spelled it out on my order

Customer ++++++++++
Description Price (USD)
Model S $75,000 Model S
Long Range Plus $4,990
Pearl White Mul-Coat Included 19" Tempest Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor
Included Autopilot Included Full Self-Driving Capability $7,000
Free Unlimited Supercharging Included

Timely conversation going here on LR vs LR+ versions, for this soon-to-be first-time Tesla owner....

I ordered a MS LR on 1 Feb; on 13 Feb (evening), I got a notice to “expect” my car “to be built in the next 2 weeks.” The next morning, on 14 Feb, the LR+ was announced.

Which version will I likely be getting?

Has anyone found firm details on differences? Press only indicates the wheels (“Tempest” for the LR+ vs “silver” for the LR) are different; and Elon Musk seems to have indicated that the hardware related to the range increase has been included “in recent months,” so that part should be covered either way (I guess?). What else has/will change?

I’m not convinced the new wheels are “better,” at least not from an appearance point of view. Thoughts on that?

Reactions: BozieBeMe2
I have a 30 Jan 20 delivery....my range when delivered was supposed to be 373 but have only gotten 324 @ 90%......two times @ 100% and showed 359.........today I read where a guy got a “secret” update and his mileage went to 391 on the app and it shows LR+....so I checked mine tonight and saw that my range went to 391but no LR+ indicators.....I suspect that since I do not have the Tempest wheels, I will not see the LR+ on the app or in my account......but thats ok...Everything else seems to be the same....I have silver slipstreams....I will be charging tomorrow after I pick up car from PPF and ceramic coating....Hope to see higher range....will advise

I have a 30 Jan 20 delivery....my range when delivered was supposed to be 373 but have only gotten 324 @ 90%......two times @ 100% and showed 359.........today I read where a guy got a “secret” update and his mileage went to 391 on the app and it shows LR+....so I checked mine tonight and saw that my range went to 391but no LR+ indicators.....I suspect that since I do not have the Tempest wheels, I will not see the LR+ on the app or in my account......but thats ok...Everything else seems to be the same....I have silver slipstreams....I will be charging tomorrow after I pick up car from PPF and ceramic coating....Hope to see higher range....will advise
I have an Oct build 2020 MS LR, showing 359 at 100% with software 2020.12. Which software release are you on?