Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus - 390 miles (Model X upgraded, too)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 30 Jan 20 delivery....my range when delivered was supposed to be 373 but have only gotten 324 @ 90%......two times @ 100% and showed 359.........today I read where a guy got a “secret” update and his mileage went to 391 on the app and it shows LR+....so I checked mine tonight and saw that my range went to 391but no LR+ indicators.....I suspect that since I do not have the Tempest wheels, I will not see the LR+ on the app or in my account......but thats ok...Everything else seems to be the same....I have silver slipstreams....I will be charging tomorrow after I pick up car from PPF and ceramic coating....Hope to see higher range....will advise
picked up car this afternoon and it does in fact have “Model S long Range Plus “ on the dash with 391 range...very happy camper

I discovered today that my Nov 2019 build (delivered 27 Dec) Model S Long Range also got the silent update. I had a software update ablut a week ago with no improvement on the range. Today i charged to 85% and noticed the range was 332. That gives me a 100% at 391. I was quite surprised and happy because I assumed after I didn’t see any increases following the software update, my car wouldn’t get the increased range. The dash also now says Long Range Plus.

I discovered today that my Nov 2019 build (delivered 27 Dec) Model S Long Range also got the silent update. I had a software update ablut a week ago with no improvement on the range. Today i charged to 85% and noticed the range was 332. That gives me a 100% at 391. I was quite surprised and happy because I assumed after I didn’t see any increases following the software update, my car wouldn’t get the increased range. The dash also now says Long Range Plus.
I hate to ask, but did you have to pay extra to get Model S Long Range Plus $4,999?

Order placed: 2/16/2020

Model S Price (USD) $75,000
Model S Long Range Plus $4,999
Pearl White Multi-Coat Included
19" Tempest Wheels Included

All Black Premium Interior
with Figured Ash Wood Décor Included
Autopilot Included
Full Self-Driving Capability $7,000
Free Unlimited Supercharging Included
Subtotal $86,990
Destination Fees $1,200

Order Fee $100
Total $88,290

No I didn’t. Looking at my sticker, I paid the same as you, minus the FSD. I didn’t purchase any extras.
If you paid for the "Model S Long Range Plus $4,999"
you did pay for the Long Range + option
Which means, you were owed the extra range, just had to wait for the Firmware
I haven't received mine yet (3/21/20)
Service Center said Tesla needed to get authorization from the EPA before they could release it
I guess they received the authorization;)

Last edited:
When I purchased the car in Dec, there wasn’t a Long Rang Plus model yet. So all I paid for was the Model S Long Range
1F1C9163-3CC4-497E-B48E-6E1580333372.jpeg

If you paid for the "Model S Long Range Plus $4,999"
you did pay for the Long Range + option
Which means, you were owed the extra range, just had to wait for the Firmware
I haven't received mine yet (3/21/20)
Service Center said Tesla needed to get authorization from the EPA before they could release it
I guess the received the authorization;)
I ordered my Model S, w/FSD, white/white on 22 Oct 2019......I could not get delivery until 30 Jan 2020....I got my LR+ range upgrade yesterday and it shows LR+ on the dash.....I did not recall paying extra for it.....just dod not want to wait for a +$25,000 upgrade to the Plaid sometime this year when planning on getting CT when it it released.......will wait and see it I get Monrovy price sheet mailed as some are getting

When I purchased the car in Dec, there wasn’t a Long Rang Plus model yet. So all I paid for was the Model S Long Range
View attachment 524207
You have paid the same as I did, Tesla just changed the wording Model S Long Range
I ordered my Model S, w/FSD, white/white on 22 Oct 2019......I could not get delivery until 30 Jan 2020....I got my LR+ range upgrade yesterday and it shows LR+ on the dash.....I did not recall paying extra for it.....just dod not want to wait for a +$25,000 upgrade to the Plaid sometime this year when planning on getting CT when it it released.......will wait and see it I get Monrovy price sheet mailed as some are getting

to the plus symbol - +
Elon said that the extra range had to be called something, so plus was it

If it say Model S Long Range and you paid $4,999,
then that is the new Long Range +
Also, you will receive the new Tempest Wheels

Airforcebj, do you know what battery code you have? E or F? Mine is a Nov build too but it is the E battery. Wondering what yours is since it's the same month.

That's awesome you got the updated range. I am still on 2019.40.57. I put in for a mobile service appointment and asked to push through the software. They texted me yesterday and said "Firmware version 2020.8.1 is currently not available for your vehicle. Please check back in 1 week from today." Don't know why I'm so far behind.