Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model s long range vs. long range plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, guys

I am from S.Korea. I ordered my model S "long range" last July and just got updated from dealership that my model S long range will come this Sep. 21.

But at the same time I heard that model S "long range plus" will be launched this Nov. in Korea.

I am totally confused whether I'd better postpone my current order and wait for the long range plus or just pick up the long range version and take S/W update. I know S/W update will not include the H/W updates (in long range plus version, which are mass reduction, oil pump change, etc.) even though the mileage will increase a little bit.

Do you guys think it is worth for me to wait until the long range plus version will be launched in Korea?

Plz give me some advice!!

Thanks!!

This is Korean website.

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2020-08-19 오전 10.55.02.png
    스크린샷 2020-08-19 오전 10.55.02.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for reply!!

But one of my friend is the CEO of Tesla Korea, and those are what he said, which is so sad to me.
I think if your buddy is CEO of Tesla Korea, he would probably know what the best option would be. Have you asked him what you should do ? I would hope he says, dont worry about it, ill switch it out for you later

He said i'd better wail till next year for palladium version, which isn't helpful to me at all....lol

I can almost guarantee your car will be a Long Range Plus model. I dont think they are just keeping Long Range "-E" batteries lying around to put into cars for specific countries. Your car should come with everything it needs for the Long Range Plus software/firmware upgrade.