Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Long"

Would you like a Model S Long?

• Yes, with executive seats

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Yes, long with foldable seats

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, I would buy an X is I need more space

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm does that mean a longer battery, too?
Ha-ha, yes this is one of the first things that come to mind. In all seriousness though this sounds unlikely. A real long shot would be if Tesla at the same time happens to make some longer wheelbase pickup or delivery trucks that need more energy than the S/X form factor pack can muster and therefore gets a longer pack. Then maybe these cars could get that too.

We went 5 people on a trip to St Augustine in the S last weekend. The rear legroom seemed a bit cramped after a while. Other than that it is a really comfortable road trip car. A long version seems like a good idea based on that.

I have a hard time envisioning an L on the current platform, given the current S will probably be redesigned within 3-4 years at most. If we see an L, it will probably be on the next platform.

An L would also mess up the aesthetics of the S. It's one thing to add a few inches in the middle to a 3-box sedan like a 7 or LS but a whole 'nother thing with a swoopy, elegant design like the Model S.

upload_2017-3-23_12-10-19.png
I think it looks good, credit of gas2.
here is the article Longer Wheelbase Tesla Model S Coming Later This Year - Gas 2