Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S LR held from transport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully someone with a similar experience can hopefully shed some light here.
Ordered a Model S LR back in November, was given a June EDD. Back in Feb received a VIN and delivery was updated to mid-March. Reached out to the local service/delivery center to inquire about what the date would be, as I would be out of the country during the timeframe it was stating. They said to contact my advisor, but nobody had ever reached out to me. They said the delivery date it said would not happen, as the vehicle had not even left Fremont yet. They said it was being withheld from transport, but could not explain why.
Confirmed/scheduled delivery date has been delayed twice now, with no explanation from the folks at the center. They're just holding onto my down payment that was made a day before one of the scheduled delivery appointments.
Nobody seems to know why the vehicle is being held from transport. And the VIN has not changed at all.
Anyone have any similar experiences?

Tell them to get another VIN they can release, or let you know why there is an issue taking this long. It is way longer than normal for a car to be on hold this long. It could be anything as the car comes off the assembly line and it doesn't pass some check or has a fender bender in the lot. Whatever the issue, it should have been resolved by now. Of course, the assembly folks are working full steam making cars. Your VIN is probably just sitting in the yard somewhere with others needing attention. Try: www.tesla.com/contactus