Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S made me physically sick..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I can say I am now part of this group. Picked up my P85D CPO this week and finally had a chance to do some launches in Insane mode. Felt quite sick afterwards and had some back pain too. But man, is it fun.
Congrats! Now surprise unsuspecting friends/family/coworkers with the instant acceleration. That’s been one of the fun things to do with this car.

ps when was your car built? you may have a unicorn with the “+” suspension like some of us if it is a late ‘14-early ‘15 build

Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

Congrats! Now surprise unsuspecting friends/family/coworkers with the instant acceleration. That’s been one of the fun things to do with this car.

ps when was your car built? you may have a unicorn with the “+” suspension like some of us if it is a late ‘14-early ‘15 build

Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

Dec. '14. Indeed I do have the + upgrade, it was one of the first things I checked upon taking delivery :D

Reactions: Doanster1
By the way, there are no physical dangers with this type of acceleration right? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I had spine surgery 5 months ago. I'm cleared for roller coasters though so I imagine this can't be any more forceful...

Well...I had some spinal and neck nerve issues back in Sept-Dec 2017 and had the P100D. I will say that the constant heavy torque and pull wasn’t helping with my therapy. On my physio/docs recommendation, I sadly had to trade her back in and opted for the 100D MX as a ‘lesser’ form of it.
I had tried full lud+ only once and I will say while it was exilarating, my head hurt for 10 min after.

For day to day driving, I found punching it from light to light way too additive and that blood rush to the back of the skull can’t be good for health no?

Do I miss it? Yep. Now that I’m close to fully healed lol.

Reactions: Green_Light
Honestly? The only time I’m in Insane Mode is when I’m “showing off”/scaring my passengers. For daily driving in the urban jungle, normal sport mode has been more than enough for accelerating, passing, etc.
Constant red-light racing with Insane can’t be good for any sort of past neck/spinal injuries.

Honestly? The only time I’m in Insane Mode is when I’m “showing off”/scaring my passengers. For daily driving in the urban jungle, normal sport mode has been more than enough for accelerating, passing, etc.
Constant red-light racing with Insane can’t be good for any sort of past neck/spinal injuries.

Yeah exactly, I'm not doing it myself ever let alone a regular basis. I just tried it for the first time yesterday with my fiance and brother and "felt" the effects so to speak.

Well...I had some spinal and neck nerve issues back in Sept-Dec 2017 and had the P100D. I will say that the constant heavy torque and pull wasn’t helping with my therapy. On my physio/docs recommendation, I sadly had to trade her back in and opted for the 100D MX as a ‘lesser’ form of it.
I had tried full lud+ only once and I will say while it was exilarating, my head hurt for 10 min after.

For day to day driving, I found punching it from light to light way too additive and that blood rush to the back of the skull can’t be good for health no?

Do I miss it? Yep. Now that I’m close to fully healed lol.

It would take a lot for me to trade it in... But I do hear ya.

Reactions: Doanster1

Issue is when I know it’s there, I use it. Lol. Or else why have a P100D? For the badge? Lol.
sport mode...may as well have a 100D (3.6 sec) and save $30,000...and longer range to boot :)

Figured the MX being an SUV at plus a slightly heavier feel, makes me want to accelerate more sedate anyway. And it does. I do miss the P but not over my health!

The eyeball distorts under high G forces in acceleration, AA Fuel dragsters and carrier launched pilots report loss of focus as the lens in the front of the eye shifts towards the back of the eye. Has anyone noticed blurred vision when accelerating in ludicrous mode?

I am pretty sure my dad experience something like that, I showed off-the-shelf car, and his glasses ended up in the backseat when he hit the headrest :)
Blurred vision : check. :)