Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Manual Screencaps (and some others)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that there are over 1,000,000 Prius in the U.S. with two motors and 13+ ECUs pretty close to the driver (including a transmitter in the door handle) and no known problems of this nature, I don't expect that the Tesla will have any problems in that area either.

AO's the man!

So, "Passive Unlocking and Locking" is the feature that'd be DOA at launch, right? If not, what does that mean?
Yes.
Also, what's the difference between 'unlocking the trunk' (achieved with button 2) and 'opening the rear liftgate' (button 1)? Particularly when the liftgate's not powered (i.e. no tech pkg)?
Here's my guess... If you have the tech package, button one will open the trunk - the liftgate will rise. If you do not have the tech package, button one will "pop" the trunk open. You'll have to lift it yourself. Button 2 pressed 3 times will unlock the trunk. You can then press the button above the license plate to "pop" it and lift manually (no tech package) or have it open itself (tech package).

I've seen a few posts from folks playing with betas with newer software. Anyone get some more shots of the manual? Surely it's got to be more robust by now? Also, with deliveries 2 weeks away, I'd imagine we should be able to get a PDF of the manual soonish, no?

I wonder why they chose the passenger fender instead of the driver side fender. Maybe they were trying to constantly remind you to replace your battery. :smile:

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Maybe that diagram is not correct. Doesn't seem like it would be possible to unintentionally trigger it if it were on the driver's side. Can't think of any other reason to have it on the passenger side.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Maybe that diagram is not correct. Doesn't seem like it would be possible to unintentionally trigger it if it were on the driver's side. Can't think of any other reason to have it on the passenger side.
Of maybe it was a packaging decision. Perhaps it was easier to put the RFID transmitter on the passenger side since the driver's side has the steering wheel and all the stuff for the driver's screen, etc.

I vote 'safety.'

Maybe if you had to do the "emergency" door opening trick you wouldn't want to be standing in the street, reaching into the fender trying to find the magic receiver location. That'd be safer to do on the passenger side, right?

/Mitch.

I vote 'safety.'

Maybe if you had to do the "emergency" door opening trick you wouldn't want to be standing in the street, reaching into the fender trying to find the magic receiver location. That'd be safer to do on the passenger side, right?

/Mitch.

I agree, but it begs to question why the charge port is on the street side as discussed in other threads ;)