Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S, Model T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the amazing opportunity to drive a 1927 (last year of production) Ford Model T! So many things are different about modern cars: throttle on the steering column, brake is hand operated, two gears, etc. But with a short drive it became clear that the Model T was truly the FIRST everyman's car. It is practical, fast enough, reliable enough, range enough, etc to change the transportation industry forever.

Just like the Tesla Model S in 2012.

So it was an honor to have both the S and T together for a photo. Thought I would share it with the group.

Model S Model T.jpg

EAF7A801-EFD8-46A5-95CE-D1E32DF07A9D.jpeg

Until I got my futuristic, cutting edge Tesla Model 3 two months ago, my daily driver was this 1951 MGTD MKII. It was REALLY my daily driver, drove from west coast Florida (VENICE) to San Francisco and also to Prince Edward Island. Some say I am crazy, or gutsy or BOTH. The MG motto is Safety Fast. It’s not so fast, 0 - 60 in 18 seconds, top speed 80.25 mph. My M3 SR+ does it (supposedly) in 5.3 seconds. Like no comparison but love both cars. Just have to remember to always use the brake on the MG. I have gotten so use to regenerative braking.

View attachment 412497
Until I got my futuristic, cutting edge Tesla Model 3 two months ago, my daily driver was this 1951 MGTD MKII. It was REALLY my daily driver, drove from west coast Florida (VENICE) to San Francisco and also to Prince Edward Island. Some say I am crazy, or gutsy or BOTH. The MG motto is Safety Fast. It’s not so fast, 0 - 60 in 18 seconds, top speed 80.25 mph. My M3 SR+ does it (supposedly) in 5.3 seconds. Like no comparison but love both cars. Just have to remember to always use the brake on the MG. I have gotten so use to regenerative braking.
I've had very similar experiences. Similar cars too. Recently had to have my M3 in the shop for a week. Driving an ice was like going back to another century.

Reactions: Tron 3
Sorry about my previous reply ... apparently, as a new member, I can't edit what I accidentally posted. I enjoyed the Model S+T pictures and agree that both cars were revolutionary. But the Model T truly was the Everyman's car, engineered to meet the economics for creating a mass market. The Model S (and the M for that matter) represent an earlier point in the revolution, before we get to the Everyman stage.

Reactions: Tron 3
View attachment 412497
MSM with aero wheels. Good choice!

I had the amazing opportunity to drive a 1927 (last year of production) Ford Model T! So many things are different about modern cars: throttle on the steering column, brake is hand operated, two gears, etc. But with a short drive it became clear that the Model T was truly the FIRST everyman's car. It is practical, fast enough, reliable enough, range enough, etc to change the transportation industry forever.

So it was an honor to have both the S and T together for a photo. Thought I would share it with the group.

View attachment 412045
There are other very significant similarities between the Model T and Tesla cars and, it seems, between the founders.

View attachment 412045

There seems to be similarities between the Teslas and the Model T as there seems to be similarities between Mr. Ford and Mr. Musk.

Henry Ford wrote about the Model T as below:

"The parts of a specific model are not only interchangeable with all other cars of that model, but they are interchangeable with similar parts on all the cars that we have turned out."
Ford, Henry, and Samuel Crowther. "My Life and Work". Garden City, NY: Doubleday, Page, 1922. 149. Print.

I have studying the Tesla parts lists. Unlike the modern Ford Motor Co., Mr. Musk and Mr. Ford seem to share the same passion for efficiency. Parts seem to not be churned at Tesla as they are at the present Ford Co. and every other automobile manufacturer in the world. However, I have noted one problem.

Tesla has used 31 seat belt assemblies in the Model S. Some have been used from 2012 through 2019. Some have been used from 2012 through 2016. Some have been used from 2017 through 2019. Unlike the other parts I have studied, there is a US/CANADA notation on them.

Why the three different groups?

Below are a few examples.
2012 2016 Model S USA/CA - 1ST ROW SEATBELT ASSEMBLY - LEFT WHITE W/ WHITE BEZEL - 85MM HIGHER 1019468-01-C
2012 2019 Model S USA/CA - 1ST ROW SEATBELT ASSEMBLY - LEFT BLACK W/ FOG BEZEL - 85MM HIGHER 1019468-02-C
2012 2019 Model S USA/CA - 1ST ROW SEATBELT ASSEMBLY - LEFT BLACK W/ BLACK BEZEL - 85MM HIGHER 1019468-03-C
2012 2016 Model S US/CA - SEATBELT ASY, 1ST ROW RH WHT/WHT 1019469-01-A
2012 2019 Model S USA/CA - 1ST ROW SEATBELT ASSEMBLY - RIGHT BLACK W/ FOG BEZEL - 85MM HIGHER 1019469-02-B

Reactions: pilotSteve