Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S & Model X Class Action Lawsuit: Yellow Band / Yellow Banding Defect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

In February, I filed a Class Action lawsuit against Tesla after my Model S experienced the "yellow band" defect while under warranty, and Tesla neglected to permanently repair the issue. In addition, my warranty was (and still is) not accessible via tesla.com; Tesla refused to provide the warranty until the lawsuit was filed... And even that copy is questionable.

You can read more about the lawsuit here: Sasso et al v. Tesla, Inc.

If you believe you have been affected by either the yellow band or warranty issues, we would like to hear from you. Please send an email to [email protected] with the following:

Full Name

Address

Telephone Number

Email Address

Model & Year

Date purchased

Did you bring it to Tesla for “healing”? If so, how many times?

Did the problem return?

Have you had any warranty issues? If so, please explain.

Is your warranty accessible via tesla.com?

Do you have in your possession a copy of your original warranty attached to your vehicle and/or any warranty provided thereafter? If so, please attach such documents to the responsive email."

Have you have had any warranty services or coverage DENIED? If so, please explain such services or coverage and/or attached relevant work orders to the responsive email.

All responses are confidential.

Chad Sasso

Interesting that the service my company subscribes to to protect Internet surfers won't allow access to the site you linked:

1627496144125.png

What does that law firm normally do?

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy
Are you not obligated to use Arbitration in the original purchase agreement? Did lawyers determine the Class Action lawsuit is possible and can side step the mandatory mediation? Or did you opt out of Arbitration originally? Or was it that at the time you purchased, mandatory Arbitration was not in the documents?

I don’t think that option would make them a lead plaintiff and bring in big $$.

With a class action, owners who join in will never get a free replacement of the screen. The lawyers walk away with big money, everyone else will get a small check and all is said and done, those people will still have the yellow screen.

Look at what happened to the FSD class action where some of us got $400 and others got $25 back and NOT the $5K that people spent back in 2016/2017 on it with their Model S/X...

My personal opinion, forgot this class action, and just go ahead and get the optional Infotainment Ugrade Package. You'll not enjoy a non yellow screen, but the latest MCU/2 and all of the new features that have been release, and will continue to be release for it. Again, this is my personal opinion.

Note: I purchase the Infotainment Ugrade Package upgrade for both my 2017 Model S and 2016 Model X and couldn't be happier.

Reactions: oktane