Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/Model X Prices Slashed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~5% discount = “slashed” 😂

Any of y’all remember ~2017 when Tesla had an absolute barn burner of a lease deal and you could lease P100Ds for like $900 a month?

Or any of the several times they discounted “inventory” cars by like $20k at the end of the quarter? Those were “slashes”. This is a two-day tiny discount to clear out the 40 or so inventory cars they have laying around.

I'd go for it but they only offered 61k for my 2021 S Long Range. Prices sure have gone down in the past few months.

Last I checked, CarFax was 78k for my May 22 MS LR with 800 miles...

I'd rather heat my house with 50k than give it to Tesla and have to relive the delivery "Experience" again.

~5% discount = “slashed” 😂

Any of y’all remember ~2017 when Tesla had an absolute barn burner of a lease deal and you could lease P100Ds for like $900 a month?

Or any of the several times they discounted “inventory” cars by like $20k at the end of the quarter? Those were “slashes”. This is a two-day tiny discount to clear out the 40 or so inventory cars they have laying around.
This thread is total clickbait. It’s just a small discount to shift inventory before EOQ. Standard Tesla MO.

Tesla may simply equip these cars with FSD (costs them little) and reduce the overall price for a net gain.

Tesla has historically been willing to remove FSD, and lower the retail price accordingly, on new inventory cars. If someone had been looking to buy a new inventory MS or MX that was listed with FSD, they likely would've been able to have it removed ($15k reduction) plus gotten the $7,500 credit. Again, if past history is any guide.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Model S/Model X Prices Slashed! Biggest Discount Ever Offered - Available Right Now!

While this may be the biggest across the board discount on new MS and MX models, Tesla has certainly discounted specific new inventory cars at lot more in the past... as in $20k discounts or more.

Tesla has also had more significant price reductions over a many month period e.g., the base price of the Model S went from $79,990 at the beginning of 2020 to $69,420 by the fourth quarter of 2020.

Reactions: gaswalla
While this may be the biggest across the board discount on new MS and MX models, Tesla has certainly discounted specific new inventory cars at lot more in the past... as in $20k discounts or more.

Tesla has also had more significant price reductions over a many month period e.g., the base price of the Model S went from $79,990 at the beginning of 2020 to $69,420 by the fourth quarter of 2020.

Looks like typical EOQ/EOY inventory discounting to me. But biggest across the board discount ever? That had to be Taiwan in 2019, when they slashed Model S/X pricing overnight, and up to 40+% on the top trims. At the inflated overseas pricing, that was almost a $100K price cut.

Those Taiwanese owners that were protesting are the ones I sympathize with the most about sudden depreciation....

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Looks like typical EOQ/EOY inventory discounting to me. But biggest across the board discount ever? That had to be Taiwan in 2019, when they slashed Model S/X pricing overnight, and up to 40+% on the top trims. At the inflated overseas pricing, that was almost a $100K price cut.

Those Taiwanese owners that were protesting are the ones I sympathize with the most about sudden depreciation....

I believe the OP and others here (including myself) were specifically referring to the U.S. market. Price adjustments in various countries overseas have been different.

Major price reductions, like you described, have had a notable negative impact on resale values in those countries.

Wow - that sure did decrease.
I sold my 2020 MSLR to a local dealer in the summer of 2021 for $78k, during the peak of the Covid insanity. I then bought a 2022 MSLR for $84k (though it took 9 months to actually deliver, and I tacked on $10k at the time for the FSD package). It worked out well at the time. Seems like the prices have dropped a lot since then!