Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been wondering if it would be at all possible to have a custom shop expose the motor/inverter with a clear plexiglass cover so it could be seen? Although it is quite entertaining to pop the frunk and say "look, no motor" and then pop the hatch and say "look, no motor", It would also be fun to show off the incredible powertrain. Some cool ambient lighting in there would look really sharp at night. Any thoughts out there?

Just stick a life sized picture of it in the trunk, same effect, no cost :wink:
Not a bad idea... I did see the "bedframe" w/o the body during the Test Drive event so I have an idea what it looks like underneath. Still the glass would be cool - probably very expensive to have done though - if even possible. There may be body structure there. Most likely the drivetrain is accessed from below after pulling the battery pack.

Not a bad idea... I did see the "bedframe" w/o the body during the Test Drive event so I have an idea what it looks like underneath. Still the glass would be cool - probably very expensive to have done though - if even possible. There may be body structure there. Most likely the drivetrain is accessed from below after pulling the battery pack.

Yes saw 1 with the battery pack removed up on a lift at the Tampa store many things easily accessible without the battery pack

from my Samsung galaxy s3

A pic of the Gen2 rotors after balancing etc......
image.jpg