Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Motorhome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have designed a solar power solution for my Motorhome, the only problem is battery storage, I plan on living in the motorhome fulltime for up to a year while I build a house. I am curious about using the Model S battery packs in the motorhome, I have:

Midnight Solar Classic 200
2x Magnum Energery 4448PAE
24 260W Canadian Solar, Solar panels
4 Trojan 110 A Deep Cycle batteries in series for about 2.5 KW usable backup (IE NOTHING)

I am MISSING enough battery backup atm. PS the entire area is off grid, as in more then 20 miles to the closest grid so tying to the Grid would be more expensive then the house.

Now my problem, I have no experience with the Model S pack, and there is limited information that I have found so far. My biggest issue is with the BMS, does it exist with the pack? Do I need to get another BMS and wire it to the leads?

I REALLY like tesla's pack and what I have seen on Ebay makes them very affordable. (this is NOT the powerwall trash, no offense Elon...) I would like to put 8 of the 6s74p modules of the 85D in a 2s4p configuration. the location that I want to put them in the motorhome has my 'auxiliary heater' there and I was thinking I would just reconfigure it to the batteries and have the tempt sensor that is built in go to a relay to turn the fan on/off on the radiator.

I would put a pump in with the same setup if needed of course. I have all the electrical know how to put it all together.