Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SilverGS - amazing pictures and post work! What did you shoot with? Please share, curious minds want to know.
Thanks very much! Shot with a Sony A73 using the 28-70mm kit lens. The one with the full moon was a composite of two shots - one exposed for the moon and shot at 300mm (using the 70-300 Sony lens) and the second exposed for the car (shot at 70mm) and then merged together in post. I reduced the size of the moon in the composite so that it would look realistic with the car.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been a Canon guy but have been impressed with what Sony is coming out with lately. Of course, I'm also aware that gear is just a small percentage of the entire picture. Your composition is very impressive! Keep them coming!
Thanks so much for the kind words. I had a Nikon DSLR before I got the mirrorless Sony. I would say the difference between the Sony and the Nikon (and possibly similar to your Canon) is similar to the difference between a Tesla and an ICE car. Once you drive a Tesla, there's no going back to an ICE car!

I have tons more photos, but didn't want to be a "picture whore" on this thread. Check out my instagram feed when you're bored for other shots - @hameedbhatti62

Thanks so much for the kind words. I had a Nikon DSLR before I got the mirrorless Sony. I would say the difference between the Sony and the Nikon (and possibly similar to your Canon) is similar to the difference between a Tesla and an ICE car. Once you drive a Tesla, there's no going back to an ICE car!

I have tons more photos, but didn't want to be a "picture whore" on this thread. Check out my instagram feed when you're bored for other shots - @hameedbhatti62

When comparing Tesla vs ICE, Tesla is just years ahead! Not even close!

Not sure I would consider the comparison of a Nikon DSLR & Sony mirrorless to a Tesla vs ICE! I have a D750 and the amount of latitude from the sensor is incredible. I’ve done amazing 20x30 prints. I also have used a D850, and had it been lighter, I would have considering upgrading, it is a beautiful machine, but my older arms complained after a weekend. A friend has a Sony A73 and I shot enough with it that I may wait for the A74! Still, yes, the A73 is amazing and very impressive. But not ready to equal my D750 to an ICE vehicle!

For a recent atlantic cruise followed by 2 weeks in Spain (travel photography) I did buy me a little RX100V and am totally convinced that Sony is doing magic with the little one inch sensor (I know, it’s not really a 1”, but that’s how Sony markets it). I’m so pleased with the 13x19 enlargements I printed.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Nobody has posted for awhile, so here is one from today taken in Kula, upcountry Maui. The Jacaranda trees are in bloom. :)

630EF7C9-059F-47F6-AE8A-12A1C1534890.jpeg

Nobody has posted for awhile, so here is one from today taken in Kula, upcountry Maui. The Jacaranda trees are in bloom. :)

View attachment 543444
Well, it's blooming beautiful...sorry. Is it Ewan McGregor that said, his holiday snaps tend to be pictures of his motorcycle with different backgrounds. Yes I think so! But, that is not to say this is not a great pic of both the tree and the car. My spouse is an addict to both the big series filmed there. Q - am I the only person to note it is a little disappointing that the 'Magnum' series does not have the main man using a Tesla? Is there something the Ferrari can do a Tesla cannot? Or is it as simple as it makes a juicy noise and it's an audience expectation? It's not like you couldn't record whatever sound a Tesla does make, and amplify it a lot...Again, lovely pic.

Reactions: Polly Wog

View attachment 543444

MORE PICTURES FROM BEAUTIFUL MAUI - I took these Ho'okipa beach ocean
2905.JPG
2908.JPG
2908.JPG 2905.JPG
2408.JPG
pics on the way to last week's shopping trip to Costco and another one behind my Kula house in front an an orange trumpet creeper plant.

Had to cross the mountains for a service appointment yesterday and decided to go home via Independence and McClure Passes and visit the Aspen Supercharger Station for the first time. Lucked out with the clear weather — we have had a lot of haze this summer, from smoke from the fires on the West Coast. The road over Independence Pass is narrow in places and has numerous 10 mph and 15 mph curves, which makes for fun driving.

View attachment 335042
View attachment 335043
^ My car at Independence Pass, 12,095 feet (3686 meters)

View attachment 335045
^ One of the 10 mph curves; the road shoulders are wide enough for parking here, unlike most of the curves. You can see that it was a lovely day.

View attachment 335044
^ Even the Aspen Supercharger Station was prettier than most I have visited.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful images, when I lived in Denver, one of my favorite trips was to the Aspen Fourth of July Parade via Independence Pass in an open air sports car.