Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, that's why I moved here twenty years ago: San Juan Mountains as my back yard and Moab only 145 scenic back road miles away! A reprise of a picture taken, a few days after I got my car, on the county road I use to get to my neighborhood:

View attachment 357622
The mountains are eleven miles away from that vantage point. Visitors often stop along that road to take pictures, no surprise.

Oh, what a great set of pictures. They belong in the section of this TMC site: Gorgeous Tesla Pictures- users' album
Please repost them here.

Not very dramatic, but a shot of Engineer Mountain (3953 m, 12,969 ft) between Durango and Silverton on the day before Thanksgiving:

View attachment 357262
Aspens are bare, of course, and not a lot of snow yet. (That has changed in recent days.) The highway is US 550 — that's about as fancy as highways get in the San Juan Mountains, no freeways here!
Great picture and I love your license plate!
Consider reposting it here: Gorgeous Tesla Pictures- users' album

Went to all 5 National Parks in Utah with an old friend last fall. Also took Ebikes. Didn’t get many pics with Model X....a lot of pics of parks. Below are shots from visitors center at Canyonlands NP and Dead Horse Point State Park.
AB65BBE0-E544-4F22-81A9-00A57392C06C.jpeg
A95CD4DC-7C41-4AC6-990A-C92118D80EEB.jpeg

Went to all 5 National Parks in Utah with an old friend last fall. Also took Ebikes. Didn’t get many pics with Model X....a lot of pics of parks. Below are shots from visitors center at Canyonlands NP and Dead Horse Point State Park.View attachment 405922 View attachment 405923
I went to Bryce and Zion on vacation this Easter break. Would’ve loved to get some good Tesla pics but we flew... so not exactly possible. Although I took a few nice pics of Teslas on the Hoover Dam, I think I deleted them :( .

Okay, I'm not meaning to overdue it, but here are a few from Keanae on Maui's North Coast, on the Road to Hana.
View attachment 92383View attachment 92384View attachment 92385View attachment 92386View attachment 92387
View attachment 92388View attachment 92389

Okay, I'm cheating a bit on this last one, because there is no way to get my Model S into the shot. However, this is one of my absolute favorite spots on Maui, and I wanted to share. Wainapanapa State Park (only a couple miles west of Hana).
View attachment 92390

Thanks, Cottonwood, for starting this thread back when you did. Lots of cool pictures to be seen.
Oh, I love these pictures.
I've just come back from Maui (Kihei, Kaanapali, Lahaina, Hana etc.) and I feel I know every rock and every photo angle. My only regret was driving Impala those last 10 days, since my Tesla M3 was left locked in my Garage in Los Angeles (plugged in at 65% limit).

P85D%20Monument%20Valley%20Front-XL.jpg

recent pic I took on a road trip from Denver, CO to Page, AZ
Chrome delete looks really good on that color. One of our Model S is the same color with the same wheels so now I'm considering doing it but it seems like a waste since it's for sale. Not sure this would look as good on the blue or red one but man I hate me some chrome. lol

Sweet picture too. I often see this spot in photos and videos and plan to find it myself someday.

Reactions: rafacq
A different take on "nature."

I wasn't able to stop and get a picture with my car in it, since it was an active construction zone. However, I did get a windshield shot of "Memorial Rock," the 8.5 million pound boulder that slid down 2000 feet and put an eight foot deep trench across State Highway 145, between Telluride and Cortez, on Memorial Day weekend. CDOT blew up and removed a smaller boulder but they and the governor decided to leave this rock in place and rebuild the highway next to it.
20190613_170046.jpg

When the signs here warn of "Rocks on Road" they mean it!

Nothing special, but some late June pictures from a drive through my local mountains:

23 June 2019
Model S on County Road 1 2284sf 6-23-19.jpg

^ A reprise of a picture taken more than three years ago — my car is a lot older and dirty. This is the county road I use to get to my neighborhood. The mountains are eleven miles away from this vantage point.

Model S at Ouray overlook 2285sf 6-23-19.jpg

Model S at Ouray overlook 2286sf 6-23-19.jpg

^ Typical vistas from the Ouray overlook on US 550, looking west.

Model S and Red Mountain 2287sf 6-23-19.jpg

^ Part of Red Mountain (it has three distinct peaks).

Model S on US550 2290-91sf 6-23-19.jpg

^ Still a bit of snow in the mountains, even in late June.

24 June 2019

Model S on US550 2292-93sf 6-24-19.jpg

^ A look at part of US 550, the "Million Dollar Highway," between Red Mountain Pass and Ouray. One feels small when driving this road through the mountains! The road is narrow and has no guard rails, despite no shoulders and sheer drop-offs in places, so that avalanches can flow over the road and snow can be plowed off. I saw several spots that were a jumble of broken trees from avalanches over the winter (the road was closed for more than a week so that a 60 foot deep avalanche could be removed and made safe — when it is a jumble of rocks, trees and snow it is difficult for road crews to dig through). This time of the year rocks on the road are the hazard, especially when it is raining. This area is worth a visit, as ThisIsTrue mentioned above.