Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like an awesome trip! What makes this especially great is that you had Hawaii tags running around in the main land. Did you ship your car back and forth for this trip? That's such a rockstar move!

@gigawatt1010, I had shipped SKYGZR (Sky Gazer, not Sky Geezer, as some of my friends like to say :)) to the mainland last June (2019) in anticipation of my retirement (this past April). As a 2014 build, it has free Supercharging for life, which I'm finally able to take advantage of since there aren't currently any superchargers on Maui. I had wanted to take a trip immediately after my retirement, but the pandemic delayed things. After a few months driving my wife a bit crazy, she told me to just go for it, but she stayed on Maui to be extra safe (she is a cancer survivor and not taking any chances right now with the pandemic). The trip was indeed a blast, and I'm looking forward to future ones (definitely with my wife, next time).

I bought a new performance S last July for here on Maui, so I leave SKYGZR on the mainland with my step daughter and son in-law and keep it registered for Hawaii. They think I"m pretty cool. :cool:

I would have loved to get a shot while I was at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon (one of my favorites), but I was unable to get the car in a position where it showed the Lake in its glory. I guess it'll have to wait for a future trip.

This would be the proper place to park next time you're back on the continent:
upload_2020-8-25_12-57-15.png

Google Maps

@gigawatt1010, I had shipped SKYGZR (Sky Gazer, not Sky Geezer, as some of my friends like to say :)) to the mainland last June (2019) in anticipation of my retirement (this past April). As a 2014 build, it has free Supercharging for life, which I'm finally able to take advantage of since there aren't currently any superchargers on Maui. I had wanted to take a trip immediately after my retirement, but the pandemic delayed things. After a few months driving my wife a bit crazy, she told me to just go for it, but she stayed on Maui to be extra safe (she is a cancer survivor and not taking any chances right now with the pandemic). The trip was indeed a blast, and I'm looking forward to future ones (definitely with my wife, next time).

I bought a new performance S last July for here on Maui, so I leave SKYGZR on the mainland with my step daughter and son in-law and keep it registered for Hawaii. They think I"m pretty cool. :cool:

That's so cool that you're able to do that. Can't wait for retirement, sadly I'm still a bit far from that as much as I'd like to think otherwise. Good for your wife that she kicked cancer's ass. My wife is a CA survivor as well, she fought the battle when we were in our early 30's. We're now in our late 40's and she's been good.

Did your Performance S come with FUSC as well? Both our 2016 MS & 2019 MX come with FUSC and we're taking advantage of it any chance we get. We drove her MX from NY to Fremont Factory last year and logged over 7,500 FUSC miles in 16 days.

@SilverGS - thanks for sharing, your images on this thread are phenomenal. If I say pretty please, would you be able to share a hires version of your profile pic? Would love to print it big and hang in my garage. Please let me know and I'll PM you my email address. Thanks!

:)

Reactions: Polly Wog
That's so cool that you're able to do that. Can't wait for retirement, sadly I'm still a bit far from that as much as I'd like to think otherwise. Good for your wife that she kicked cancer's ass. My wife is a CA survivor as well, she fought the battle when we were in our early 30's. We're now in our late 40's and she's been good.

Did your Performance S come with FUSC as well? Both our 2016 MS & 2019 MX come with FUSC and we're taking advantage of it any chance we get. We drove her MX from NY to Fremont Factory last year and logged over 7,500 FUSC miles in 16 days.

@SilverGS - thanks for sharing, your images on this thread are phenomenal. If I say pretty please, would you be able to share a hires version of your profile pic? Would love to print it big and hang in my garage. Please let me know and I'll PM you my email address. Thanks!

:)

@gigawatt1010, I (unfortunately) bought my performance S during that narrow window where Tesla had announced that the Ludicrous upgrade would be given to existing owners for free, but before they added back in the FUSC. With me living in Hawaii, I wasn't going to be that guy that canceled his order just for that reason. We have a reservation for the tri-motor cybertruck, and we'll probably sell the Performance S when that arrives. Also, the odds that Maui gets a supercharger before then is probably less than 10%, so it'll end up being a moot point. I'm happy for you and your wife regarding her remaining cancer-free. My wife beat it 8 years ago, and the farther we get from that date, the better.

Reactions: SmartElectric
This would be the proper place to park next time you're back on the continent:View attachment 580577

Google Maps

@evp, I'll remember that, thanks! I did drive past that spot, but it was crowded and I didn't think it would turn out that great. I'll plan better next time! Although my Tesla wasn't in the picture, I did get a decent shot of the lake, with Wizard Island making an appearance.
20200806_104405.jpg

We bought our 2015 S85D in April 2019. Unfortunately our daughter delivered our first grandson prematurely and we’ve had to stay home helping her. The pandemic has kept us grounded this year but hopefully we will be able to start traveling later this year or early next year.

Would you mind posting a map of your route across the west? We are hoping to do Dallas to Portland, south to California then head back to Texas.

Thanks for the great photos. Here is Lazuli in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
0097C5AA-025E-42DC-BE3E-575C75D0DD71.jpeg

Time to resurrect this thread once again! I went on a seven state, nearly 8,000 mile trek across the left-most portion of the U.S. this July-August (Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado) and hit 13 National Parks and many state parks along the way. Attached are the best shots I was able to get with my classic Model S.

View attachment 580413
Redwood National Park, California.

View attachment 580414
Canyonlands National Park, Utah.

View attachment 580415
Capitol Reef National Park, Utah.

View attachment 580416
Jedediah Smith State Park, California.

View attachment 580418
Heceta Head Lighthouse, Oregon.

I would have loved to get a shot while I was at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon (one of my favorites), but I was unable to get the car in a position where it showed the Lake in its glory. I guess it'll have to wait for a future trip.
I'm jealous!! Great shots!

@evp, I'll remember that, thanks! I did drive past that spot, but it was crowded and I didn't think it would turn out that great. I'll plan better next time! Although my Tesla wasn't in the picture, I did get a decent shot of the lake, with Wizard Island making an appearance.
Yes, that's the canonical Crater Lake shot. Never gets old. Unfortunately, there's no place to park close enough to sneak your car into the frame. Unless you have a 4X4, in which case all bets are off. We'll probably see wizard island shots with CyberTrucks soon, and tire tracks on the grass.

I managed to get to that spot when it was all mine, so I could choose my composition.