Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s navigation location incorrect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S refresh

Car is constantly about 200 feet off it’s true location. Essentially makes navigation, autopilot and homelink(auto) useless.

Hear it can be an antenna issue but they have to remove the entire rear glass to replace it. I’m certainly very nervous about this car out of warranty. I hope the little problems aren’t a constant issue.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Yes, but mine get much worse. It can start out 50ft off but will slowly drift and become 1 or 2 miles off. Did a road trip last month and for the first 50 min it was over 1 mile off, then it fixed itself. Last week I did a supposed hard reset (hold yoke scroll buttons until T logo appears on screen, vid from YT). This seemed to help, the gps will fix its position after 10min of driving but the problem come back a few days later. I have to reset every couple days. In the attached pic, telsa tells me I am in a lake, lol. Visiting service center next week for another issue but will show them this. I thought it was software but now convinced it's hardware.

Makes nav, home link useless. Try hard reset (soft didn't help in my case) for temp fix.

Attachments

• PXL_20220322_185411121.jpg
    PXL_20220322_185411121.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 113
Yes, but mine get much worse. It can start out 50ft off but will slowly drift and become 1 or 2 miles off. Did a road trip last month and for the first 50 min it was over 1 mile off, then it fixed itself. Last week I did a supposed hard reset (hold yoke scroll buttons until T logo appears on screen, vid from YT). This seemed to help, the gps will fix its position after 10min of driving but the problem come back a few days later. I have to reset every couple days. In the attached pic, telsa tells me I am in a lake, lol. Visiting service center next week for another issue but will show them this. I thought it was software but now convinced it's hardware.

Makes nav, home link useless. Try hard reset (soft didn't help in my case) for temp fix.
They replaced my antenna but that didn’t help. I have an appointment next week and they are scheduled to replace the harness, and entire mcu 🤷‍♂️ Let you know if it works 🤞I miss autopilot

Does yours ever fixes itself or it permanently yielding incorrect position?

Yesterday,for the first time, the position of the car was stuck. I was driving but position of car in nav screen never moved. Overnight, if fixed itself again (correct position and it was tracking as I drove). Seems software bug.

A few months ago it did, it fixed it self and I wish I had video or an image to show service but I was just happy it fixed itself. This last time I was hoping it fixed itself again but I took video and multiple images. It stayed that way for weeks and never did. Car is in the shop now and they are replacing a harness and the entire mcu. I’ll let you know if it works 🙏

A few months ago it did, it fixed it self and I wish I had video or an image to show service but I was just happy it fixed itself. This last time I was hoping it fixed itself again but I took video and multiple images. It stayed that way for weeks and never did. Car is in the shop now and they are replacing a harness and the entire mcu. I’ll let you know if it works 🙏
I posted update for my car. They said they fixed it. Thread is here
GPS accuracy new model S Plaid

Received the car back after 3 days. They replaced the mcu and it seems to be working. This is from the invoice “
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
TLA,AP-T,CONN- Q,MCU-Z,MSX FUSED”

Looks like it worked, from the few miles I’ve driven so far 🤷‍♂️

I haven’t had that prob with my 2017SFSDMCU2HW3, but I had a weird situation today with my GPS - the directions on the screen were correct, but the voice guidance must’ve been drunk or high - her turn directions weren’t even in the same geo area and didn’t match up with the screen directions. I had to cancel the route several times to get them back in sync. 😳