Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like the option to 'Use toll roads if it saves x minutes' similar to how the auto re-routing works.
I've only had my Model S for a week so I am still looking for the long way to get anywhere so I can spend more time driving. :)

But yes a way to select to use tolls only if they save time or an easy way to choose between using a route with and without tolls (that shows the different time) would be great.

Reactions: baillies
...looking for the long way to get anywhere so I can spend more time driving. :).

Yes it’s all about taking in the backroads sometimes. If you’re committed to the experience, then I suggest Waze, then go to Settings, Navigation - Avoid toll roads, Avoid motorways & Allow Unpaved roads. A sure way to find the scenic route. Tesla nav needs a simple Scenic Route button.

Just another question regarding Navigation.

I have just had confirmation of a 2016 Model S70 I am hiring in a few weeks from now to go on my holiday in Queensland.

Does the signposted speed limits on the road change automatically in this car or do I need to change the speed limit manually (if so, how to do it)

Also, does this car have Autopilot V1 or V2.5 (Yes I have also confirmed that the Autopilot has been enabled)

Just another question regarding Navigation.

I have just had confirmation of a 2016 Model S70 I am hiring in a few weeks from now to go on my holiday in Queensland.

Does the signposted speed limits on the road change automatically in this car or do I need to change the speed limit manually (if so, how to do it)

Also, does this car have Autopilot V1 or V2.5 (Yes I have also confirmed that the Autopilot has been enabled)
The car will detect the change of speed limit, sometimes from reading the sign, sometimes from map data.
If the car doesn’t change speed, my V1 Autopilot doesn’t, pull back and hold the Autopilot stick and it will change to the currently detected speed limit.