Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - new order BTX8 - Should i worry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - After nearly 2 years of looking i finally ordered a 75D from September 2017.

After making the order i went on EV-CPO and did a lookup on the VIN, which appears to show that it has battery BTX8.

Does this mean it is a later 2017 car using an older battery, and if so does that mean i cannot get it uncorked? Would this be a worry for anyone?

I owned a 75RWD and loved it. It was an amazing car, my first Tesla and waited many many years before I purchased. I can't tell you much about the battery pack, but here's a thread that offers more info on the pack. I can tell you that my 2017 75 was quick for what it was. I believe it was advertised as 0-60 4.3sec.

If I remember right, the BTX8 is a 400v 85kwh software limited to 75kwh. That means you get much better performance and charge rate out of it. I’d love that pack on my 75
My 75D purchased Nov 2017 has BTX8 but I don't feel it is a fast supercharger. If you add charge rate in kWh to % SOC (e.g. 70 kWh + 40% SOC), it seldom gets >110 and is usually between 100 and 110. Not sure how that would compare with 75D fitted with the more standard battery.

My 75D purchased Nov 2017 has BTX8 but I don't feel it is a fast supercharger. If you add charge rate in kWh to % SOC (e.g. 70 kWh + 40% SOC), it seldom gets >110 and is usually between 100 and 110. Not sure how that would compare with 75D fitted with the more standard battery.

Same but the taper has to be better because there is hidden capacity.