TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S news at Sept 29 event?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AziwA, Sep 25, 2015.

1. AziwA

AziwA Member

Hello Everyone

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what do you think the odds are of some Model S news during the Model X annoucement/unveil next week?

Any chance they say "This great new gadget we just showed you is also available on the Model S as of today!". I would assume they do not want to see to much of a dip in sales in Model S, and one way to help combat this would be to show that it has not been forgotten.

Pure speculation at this stage... :cool:

Thanks!

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

We'll all find out in 4 days.

3. AziwA

AziwA Member

True... But it's fun to speculate and hear other people's opinions.... :)

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

360 degree camera, ventilated seats, slight improvements to the AP hardware, possibly release V7 without autosteer, and all coming to the Model S in due time.

5. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

My experience has been that they really focus on the specific event. There was some other major announcement (brain fade) within days of the "D and something else", but no mention of it at the event.

6. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

yep. I agree. Event Focused on MX.

7. AziwA

AziwA Member

Intresting, I do agree that if you are going to make an event on a specific product line, keep your announcements focused on that.

On the other hand, depending on what sort of new features are announced, it may cause quite a drop in Model S sales which would not be good for Tesla...

Can someone remember what the annoucement was after the D event?

8. electracity

electracity Active Member

I think there will be S upgrades, but Musk explicitly made the point that Mod S upgrades are continuous.

9. liuping

liuping Active Member

That makes sense. The focus of the event should be on the Model X.

It would be nice if they released the changes to the Model S order page shortly after the event though.

10. AziwA

AziwA Member

agreed that they make the upgrades continiuously, but they need to be announced at some stage if they are significant (i.e. would not make much sence to release 360 cameras without at least mentioning it to the public)

11. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

I'm holding off on my order until the facts are out on this question. Hoping for brown interior as a new choice, and ventilated next gen seats. #brokenrecord

12. liuping

liuping Active Member

Some things are just rolled out quietly into production, then announced at some point later (like the AutoPilot HW, LTE).

We'll probably get a list in the X Blog entry, similar to the list at the end of the D and Autopilot blog. (see "Other Product Updates" at end of Dual Motor Model S and Autopilot | Tesla Motors)

13. MTOman

MTOman Member

I'll be happy if they introduce playlist support to the media player *crosses fingers*

14. RAW84

RAW84 Member

Autopilot.

The "D" event focused on dual motor S's AND Autopilot

15. vitaliy

vitaliy Member

16. AziwA

AziwA Member

I would have guessed anyone who was planning to order between the day the event was announced and now would wait. Basically you loose a few weeks but you could gain a lot

17. vitaliy

vitaliy Member

I hate to admit it, but I have purposefully waited for over 3 month now... This is really really hard. Hopefully September 29 is the DAY.

18. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I don't think they'll dilute the Model X message with discussion of the Model S. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if some of the recently discussed Model X improvements begin to appear in the Model S not too long after the X reveal. The timing will, of course, be anyone's guess. That said, if I were about to buy an S, I would be very tempted to wait a month or two after the X was released, just to see if I could snag some additional features in my S.

19. tstafford

tstafford Member

I'd be happy if they just released the things for the MS that they've already announced before announcing any more things for the MS that we can't buy, download, or upgrade.

20. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Any car produced in the past two weeks likely carries the same hardware as the MX.