Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S news at Sept 29 event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what do you think the odds are of some Model S news during the Model X annoucement/unveil next week?

Any chance they say "This great new gadget we just showed you is also available on the Model S as of today!". I would assume they do not want to see to much of a dip in sales in Model S, and one way to help combat this would be to show that it has not been forgotten.

Pure speculation at this stage... :cool:

Thanks!

My experience has been that they really focus on the specific event. There was some other major announcement (brain fade) within days of the "D and something else", but no mention of it at the event.

Intresting, I do agree that if you are going to make an event on a specific product line, keep your announcements focused on that.

On the other hand, depending on what sort of new features are announced, it may cause quite a drop in Model S sales which would not be good for Tesla...

Can someone remember what the annoucement was after the D event?

Hello Everyone

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what do you think the odds are of some Model S news during the Model X annoucement/unveil next week?

Any chance they say "This great new gadget we just showed you is also available on the Model S as of today!". I would assume they do not want to see to much of a dip in sales in Model S, and one way to help combat this would be to show that it has not been forgotten.

Pure speculation at this stage... :cool:

Thanks!

I think there will be S upgrades, but Musk explicitly made the point that Mod S upgrades are continuous.

My experience has been that they really focus on the specific event. There was some other major announcement (brain fade) within days of the "D and something else", but no mention of it at the event.
That makes sense. The focus of the event should be on the Model X.

It would be nice if they released the changes to the Model S order page shortly after the event though.

agreed that they make the upgrades continiuously, but they need to be announced at some stage if they are significant (i.e. would not make much sence to release 360 cameras without at least mentioning it to the public)
Some things are just rolled out quietly into production, then announced at some point later (like the AutoPilot HW, LTE).

We'll probably get a list in the X Blog entry, similar to the list at the end of the D and Autopilot blog. (see "Other Product Updates" at end of Dual Motor Model S and Autopilot | Tesla Motors)

I don't think they'll dilute the Model X message with discussion of the Model S. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if some of the recently discussed Model X improvements begin to appear in the Model S not too long after the X reveal. The timing will, of course, be anyone's guess. That said, if I were about to buy an S, I would be very tempted to wait a month or two after the X was released, just to see if I could snag some additional features in my S.