Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S No Longer Syncing My Contact List From iPhone 7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My one month old Model S 100D was working as normal with my iPhone 7 until about a week ago. Now, while the voice commands and bluetooth work in making and handling calls, it no longer downloads the contact list from my phone. A Tesla phone rep said this is a recent problem and it is an Apple issue.

Anyone know if this is true or how to fix?

I've rebooted the car and phone multiple times to no avail.

This is a common problem with most makes of cars and usually cured by deleting the pairing in both the car and on the phone and starting again. Just disconnecting and reconnecting won't fix it.

As an aside, the diary only syncs if you also have the Tesla app open in the background on the phone.

My one month old Model S 100D was working as normal with my iPhone 7 until about a week ago. Now, while the voice commands and bluetooth work in making and handling calls, it no longer downloads the contact list from my phone. A Tesla phone rep said this is a recent problem and it is an Apple issue.

Anyone know if this is true or how to fix?

I've rebooted the car and phone multiple times to no avail.

Here's what i do. First open the app. Then click on the gear shaped icon in the upper left. Turn off Calendar Synch. Wait a moment and then turn Calendar Synch back on. Works for me. Hopefully for you too.