Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: not driveable, "Car Off" indicator displayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I was leaving the gym. I got into my model S, put my foot on the brake and moved the gear selector: nothing happened. Everything looked normal: lights on, A/C on, stereo on, etc. but the car didn't move. I tried rebooting the displays, tried turning on the car via the phone app (the "keyless" notice appeared on the display above the steering wheel) but nothing changed. I called support and they said nothing appeared amiss to them. One interesting note: my brake lights were stuck "on" even with my foot off the pedal.

Tesla roadside support arranged for a tow and I walked the short distance back to my house. An hour later the tow driver reported picking up my car and said the brake lights were still on. I don't recall if the headlights were on as the sun was still shining.

Later, I was reviewing other discussions an I realized that I could have also tried the "power off" from the center display.

The local Service Center was still running diagnostics when I spoke to them earlier this morning.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I'm embarrassed- and had a cup carrier on the front passenger floorboard. A large Diet Coke fell out and the top popped off. The quart of liquid poured under the seat. Nothing happened and I mopped up all the liquid that I could find. Later that night a connection got wet enough to trigger a constant "brakes on" signal to the car's monitoring system. When I explained this to the service center they said that explained the brown water....

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
I'm embarrassed- and had a cup carrier on the front passenger floorboard. A large Diet Coke fell out and the top popped off. The quart of liquid poured under the seat. Nothing happened and I mopped up all the liquid that I could find. Later that night a connection got wet enough to trigger a constant "brakes on" signal to the car's monitoring system. When I explained this to the service center they said that explained the brown water....

So have they repaired it? If so, what did they end up doing and did they charge you for it?

• Helpful
Reactions: Ghosty