Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S now has glass roof option..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - you're right!

Now, there's 3 options, where there used to be two:
- Body color roof
- Glass roof - $1500
- Sun roof - $2000

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 2.08.56 AM.png

Exciting stuff!

Huh... I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it, but I hadn't checked in a while.

Looks like the pano roof, now called "sunroof" went up to $2000 (at least in the US). Or did that happen some time ago?

I have an order that is in the stage of "Order Complete" but not yet confirmed (still in the 7 day grace period). I configured it on Tuesday and have the moveable pano roof for $1500. So, yes, they raised the price by $500 on the current pano roof.

Also note that the moveable pano roof is still required for roof racks and Sirius XM radio.

Mike

• Informative
Reactions: somnambule
I am sure that roof will be nice, but just a warning to the purchasers on my Land Rover I had the full roof glass which cracked for some reason and it cost over $6k to replace. Since its one whole piece a lot of the interior has to be removed to get the glass placed since it didn't fit through the windshield. Oh and they cracked the windshield when they removed it to replace the roof. I can't say the procedure would be the same on the S, but it's a good to know.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
When they up the price of something after an order is confirmed, do they force you to pay the higher price? Hope not, but I feel like I read about that happening for people with a different option that had a price increase (was it air suspension, maybe).
You should be locked in at the old price book. If you decide to make changes after confirming you'd be subject to the new prices and change fee. There are some times when they won't add a change fee or change the price book, such as when Enhanced Autopilot was recently offered to those awaiting a car where they had only been able to order regular Autopilot previously.

Reactions: RobW2428