Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Number Plate Grommet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I recently got my Tesla Model S (gen 1) and am just trying to mount the front number plate, but I can't find which grommet I need to mount it.
I have looked on the tesla parts site and it's number 5 in the attached image. However there was no part number to go with it!
Does anyone know the part number? or somewhere in the UK I can get them?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• lp.PNG
    lp.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 137
This mounting is different than our USA plates. I wonder if the grommets are already installed in the back plate #1? You might also go into Tesla service and see if they have the parts. Should only be a few pounds and they might even just give them to you.

Upvote 0
#1 nuberblate holder is different that #3, as are the fixing clips of each. You migh be able to find similar rubber grommets (with metal thread inside) from maritime/yachting accessories store, sorry can’t help with exact part nr.
I might think of that the photo is of a set that is meant for front and rear holder so these grommets you are searching are possibly included if purchased OTC.

Upvote 0
This mounting is different than our USA plates. I wonder if the grommets are already installed in the back plate #1? You might also go into Tesla service and see if they have the parts. Should only be a few pounds and they might even just give them to you.

The only thing I have is the mount shown in the top image, and that is attached to the car already, The cut outs are there but no grommets in them,
Good idea about contacting the service center. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

#1 nuberblate holder is different that #3, as are the fixing clips of each. You migh be able to find similar rubber grommets (with metal thread inside) from maritime/yachting accessories store, sorry can’t help with exact part nr.
I might think of that the photo is of a set that is meant for front and rear holder so these grommets you are searching are possibly included if purchased OTC.

Ah ok. I only have number 1. I just need a way to screw on a number plate or number plate holder I have.

Upvote 0