TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S on Adam Carolla's CarCast Podcast

Discussion in 'News' started by mcornwell, Jan 5, 2013.

1. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Haven't listened to it yet:

Tesla Model S s CarCast

I know he was positive about the Roadster when he reviewed it on his show a few years ago. I believe he owns an A7 and a big horsepower Jaguar, so this should be right in his wheelhouse.

2. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Pretty positive comments...makes the 4 week wait until mine gets here seem even longer after watching this.

3. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I heard @ about 6:40 on the driving around video the same brake squeal that we still get with our car. Made me laugh and point. It is almost a defining characteristic.

4. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

Thats a glowing review. Not only does he sing the praises of the car, but throughout the two clips, he makes favorable comparisons to the vette, M5, Ferrari, and Mazeratti.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Not to mention saying he needs to get on the list for it.

6. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

I wasn't too impressed with Tesla's communication manager (her title according to LinkedIn). I know it can't be easy being interviewed by a smart-ass petrol head comedian, but she had a few too many "uhh"'s and wasn't as polished as I would have expected.

7. GlennAlanBerry

I thought she did fine. She had a sense of humor, and knew her facts quite well. She did not have to be perectly polished in that setting.

8. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

#8 mitch672, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Mr Carolla was impressed, I wouldn't be surprised to find he is now a reservation holder.

Edit: corrected typo "would" to "wouldn't"

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#9 brianman, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Adam Corolla:

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

No to mention 10 minutes trying to describe instant torque acceleration.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Yah, I find it amusing when "car guys" have trouble describing something about driving experience and have trouble putting it into words. We've had 100 years for people to have the words for everything driving related, yet they still have trouble.

12. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

There were some priceless moments there, you know someone is blown away when gibberish comes out of their mouth.

13. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

I agree, she did great! Also, don't know if you just watched the video clip (25 min runtime) or the full podcast (1 hour 14 min). If you listen to the full podcast you will probably get more of an appreciation of her performance.

Btw. I find Adam Carolla very funny. I recently got his audio book "Not Taco Bell Material", great listen for long trips.

14. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

I agree that she was knowledgeable about the car, but I would think that the communications manager for a multi-billion dollar company would be a bit more polished. Her presenting skills might work in this setting, but I've spoken to engineers at Tesla that can talk about the car and company and appear more polished.

Mulder, Slacker brings up some good Adam Carolla clips if you search for him...

15. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

I really like Adam Carolla so I'm really glad that he loves the car. And it's obvious that he absolutely LOVED the car!

16. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

100 years of gasoline cars and you have never driven anything as stunning as this.

17. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

A but optimistic about Tesla's future revenues?! ;) I hope they had a decent Q4, but I think they are a long way away from one billion in revenue per year, let alone multiple billions!

18. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

He's talking about market capitalization. As of today, TSLA is worth 3.9 Billion dollars.

19. Vexar

Vexar Member

What I did not like was what I think I heard. As he was doing the test drive, a pedestrian was crossing his path onto the on-ramp.
    What I think I heard him say at that moment was "let's see if we can clip this guy." I understand sarcasm and black humor, but not everyone else will.
    Regardless of what I think I heard, I'm glad he reviewed the car and was somewhere between fair and enthused.
    I think as a media personality, he comes off as a bit unprofessional. Also, his camera operator for the interview segment needs to spring for a tripod. That may make him a bit more down-to-earth, which other people like.

20. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

What I thought was odd was the outdated information that was being tossed around. 13,000 reservations, no mention of winning car of the year multiple times, no mention of the Motor Trend road trip to Vegas, no mention of the video where the Model S beats a modern M5 two out of three runs, and they say that 300 cars were on the road (?) or something like that. I really thought that it was filmed a couple months ago until they mentioned the recent 400+ mile run. That says it was filmed recently but none of those things were commented on...