Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on Adam Carolla's CarCast Podcast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I did not like was what I think I heard. As he was doing the test drive, a pedestrian was crossing his path onto the on-ramp.
What I think I heard him say at that moment was "let's see if we can clip this guy." I understand sarcasm and black humor, but not everyone else will.....

He's a pretty crude comedian. Not for everyone's taste.

Okay, that explains it. Thank you for explaining. I am glad Jay Leno got to the Model S first with his review.

Yeah, if you'd seen The Man Show you wouldn't expect a professional review/podcast. He's a guy's guy and a sarcastic one at that.

In any case, I loved the review. Getting that sort of praise from an auto lover is a big deal. I agree with the others that I was surprised that there was no mention of the awards or new features here or coming. I feel like Tesla is moving faster than the media can because for example the Car and Driver complaints have already been fixed in SW and yet there will not be another review of the S for another year if they keep on the same cycle.

I was surprised that there was no mention of the awards or new features here or coming. I feel like Tesla is moving faster than the media can because for example the Car and Driver complaints have already been fixed in SW and yet there will not be another review of the S for another year if they keep on the same cycle.
I immediately assumed for the video that it meant they recorded that prior to the accolades and the release / publish was delayed. Perhaps a bad assumption, perhaps not.

Disclaimer: I haven't listened to the podcast (yet?).

Edit:
In the first video, when they sit in the car and she pops up the browser, it shows his blog with the front page showing basically this:
L.A. Auto Show 2013 | Adam Carollas CarCast
which was "Posted on December 1st, 2012", suggests that the video likely taken the first week of December.

So, yah, really no good reason not to know about the Motor Trend award. Hrm.

Last edited:
. for example the Car and Driver complaints have already been fixed in SW and yet there will not be another review of the S for another year if they keep on the same cycle.

Is there a software version of this? Do the reviewers "check in: with the IPhone a few months later to report on improvements?

Maybe car reviewers need to adapt such a model.

Last edited:
I immediately assumed for the video that it meant they recorded that prior to the accolades and the release / publish was delayed. Perhaps a bad assumption, perhaps not.

Disclaimer: I haven't listened to the podcast (yet?).

Edit:
In the first video, when they sit in the car and she pops up the browser, it shows his blog with the front page showing basically this:
L.A. Auto Show 2013 | Adam Carollas CarCast
which was "Posted on December 1st, 2012", suggests that the video likely taken the first week of December.

So, yah, really no good reason not to know about the Motor Trend award. Hrm.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, they mention the 400+ mile long distance drive by Dave Metcalf which happened on December 8th. I also mentioned that I was confused that none of the awards were brought up.