TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S on ebay

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Vip, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Vip

Vip Member

2. Footer

Footer Member

The frunk picture looks exactly like mine. I think the 85D frunk is much smaller. Yet the screen pic shows 85D. Sure sounds like a scam.

3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

It's a free country...

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

and 0-60 listed as 4.2 seconds.

5. travwill

travwill Member

The frunk looks right for a D, but totally a weird deal for sure. There is no way you could buy a Tesla from the company and not get it registered - it's part of the sale and required I'd say. They wouldn't keep the registration with them otherwise it would just be a MFG car etc. This seems like a scam, stolen right off factory floor/lot (hehehe), or something else odd...

That and/or he is trying to milk the fact it isn't easy to buy in Texas, the tax would be avoided, etc. for someone that just doesn't want to wait.

6. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Are we sure those are US dollars he's referring to? Maybe C$. Or some other currency....that's crazy

7. travwill

travwill Member

Well, it would be $53,199,300.00 in Zimbabwean Dollars so seems 147,000 doesn't look so bad ;-)

8. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Even in Canadian dollars a brand new one with all the options would be cheaper. Actually, that sounds a lot like the one I saw on Autotrader Canada, for $145K. I said to my best friend "Are they on glue?"
    http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Tesla/Model+S/HAMILTON/Ontario/19_8794127_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=12_15_14776

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Smells to high heaven like a scam. Especially with that answer he gave the person who asked the question.

9. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

My D frunk does not look like that. That's an non-D frunk.

10. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

That's not a non d frunk. The microwave area is gone similar to the D cars. It looks like it was just maybe taken from an odd angle.

11. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Cross referencing the radio station that is playing, the car IS located in Houston. Given that it's Texas, tesla would provide a MSO and not register it directly. So It's possible the tax credit has not been redeemed yet. HOWEVER, even a MSO still has the buyers information assigned to it on the back, so this guy would be title jumping, which means good luck registering it upon purchase.

12. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

This ($147,000) would be the highest price paid for ANY Tesla Model S I have ever seen.
    And it is not even the current top-of-the-line P85D.
    Of course, one could just go on-line and order the same car for ~$50K less than what the seller is asking, and still be assured that the $7,500 Federal tax rebate was valid.
    Er, the car is NOT priced competitively with ANY Tesla Model S or similar vehicles I have ever seen.

Best of luck to the seller, hope he is successful.
    (Or at least legit.)

13. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

The guy is super-cagey about details... it just doesn't seem like reasonable behavior.

14. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

If you can't afford it please move along to something in you price range and mind you own business!

On 6/28/15, 11:20 PM, XXXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:

Payment or price: robotechlegacy sent a message about Tesla : Model S 85-D #191609233945

Is this a joke or a scam? Did you add the #1 to the beginning of the price by accident?

- eric_t_tucker
    Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: eric_t_tucker
    Subject: Payment or price: XXXXXXXXXXXXX sent a message about Tesla : Model S 85-D #191609233945
    Sent Date: Jun-28-15 21:20:23 PDT

Dear eric_t_tucker,

Is this a joke or a scam? Did you add the #1 to the beginning of the price by accident?

15. Vip

Vip Member

The guy has never sold anything on ebay and it has been over a year since he bought anything. Would not trust this guy!

16. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I noticed that one too. More power to him if he gets it, but I have a hard time believing that any buyer of this sort of car wouldn't check what a new one is worth.

17. dsm363

It does say the car is priced competitively. Maybe be means by winning the competition for the most outrageously priced vehicle?

18. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

I am sorry but you all are being completely and outrageously unreasonable.

Did you not know that a used Model S is worth more than a new one? Someone went to a lot of time and effort to add those miles to the car and you are acting like that's not worth anything. It's like some people expect someone to loose money on a car sale. He's just charging you what he paid for the car and a few dollars for each quality mile driven, and possibly the sales tax paid on the car.

19. dsm363

So it's like a fine wine?:)

20. Zzzz...

Zzzz... Member

If your grand grandpa managed to buy Ford Model T in 1920 and yr family still have it, it is worth way more dollars now then in 1920. So yes, cars go up in price as they age :tongue: