TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S on Tesla website

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dpeilow, Mar 26, 2009.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

2. DDB

DDB Member

Yeah, if the website doesn't crash or freeze. Anyone here order one? Given the price increase of the Roadster, now may be the time to buy. But then again, given the speculation and risk of Tesla [not] securing government dollars, there certainly is risk of it not seeing production. Anyone want to confess?

3. jtibble

jtibble Tesla Evangelist

Does the "Buy" link at the top right not end in a 404 for anybody? What if I really wanted to buy one RIGHT NOW? (Granted, seems a bit ridiculous coming from a destitute college student, but hey, I'm sure somebody's asking it)

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Yeah, it's 404ing for me at the country selector page.

But then again it was a small link buried in that blog entry and not on the homepage :smile:

I'm sure it will be there soon. Just don't buy them all before I wake up :biggrin:

5. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

mine takes me to the roadster buy page sigh

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Interesting - the GB fact sheet has prices in $ and talks about "trunks". Me thinks they have the wrong filename...

7. donauker

donauker Member

Wow! Talk about misrepresentation! :confused:

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, where is the order link for the 300 mile range version at $49,900? That would be the one to get!

Doublespeak strikes again!

9. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

The purchasing pages are now live...

[​IMG]

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

The front of the model S really looks better from some angles more than others.

Fun to see them side by side like that!

11. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

I did the $5,000 deposit for the Model S and was directed to the reservation agreement website. From reading it through, it appears that the $10,000 Roadster owner discount still applies even after the Signature 1,000.

From earlier reports, I thought that the $10,000 discount was only available if a Roadster owner does the Signature 1,000 with the $40,000 deposit. That is not accurate.

The only qualificatio is that you be a Roadster owner when you receive your Model S. You will receive the $10,000 discount from whatever the standard price is at that time.

The agreement specifically states that the purchase price is still being determined. So that figure of $57,400 or $49,900 with rebate, is only an estimate. The contract specifically gives Tesla the ability to change the price later if they need to.

But it does appear that Roadster owners will get a $10,000 break from whatever the final price is set at. So with the $10,000 discount plus the $7,500 tax rebate, I might actually get this at a reasonable price. And there are no sales taxes for EVs in the state of Washington.

I am not interested in the Signature 1,000 series. I am going to specifically request #1,001 or soon thereafter. I don't want to leave $40,000 in a deposit for 3 years. I am fine risking $5,000 on Tesla's future.

Also, I think that giving Tesla about 1,000 cars would be wise to get the kinks out of the system.

12. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

#12 Palpatine, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  13. EVnut

EVnut Darell, the EVnut

#13 EVnut, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
    Oops. Yeah, I just brought that up in another thread. The only logical conclusion a reader can make is that you'll get 300 miles in the $50,000 car, and you can recharge in 45 minutes from "any outlet." Grrr.

14. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

#14 dpeilow, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    The 'real' new ordering page: Tesla Motors - Tesla Showroom

Looks like there will be 1000 EU+ Signature Editions (expected) and only 1000 non-signature editions (not expected). I presume the latter is for the 2012 model year.

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I hope they mean "buyer", not "owner". What if your Roadster is totaled or you sell it before the S comes along.

16. Laurent

Laurent Member

What they've said so far is that you need to be the current registered owner of a Roadster at the time of purchase in order to get the discount. If you sold it the week before, you don't get the discount.